15- Our plan

The next day Yukio told me to go visit Shiemi in the infirmary to give her this get well soon card from him and he'll watch from a distance so see what will happen.

I open the door and I see Rin sitting next to her bed holding her one hand with the both of his and his head down.

I walk up to them.

"I see that you two make a cute couple." I say, totally showing the sarcasm in my voice.

Rin stands up immediately and asks what I'm doing here.

"Oh I was hanging out with Yukio and he asked me if I could give this to Shiemi since he's to busy to visit himself."

"You were hanging out with my brother?"

I ignored the question and handed Shiemi the card.

"So where's your little familiar? Yukio thought that he might feel weak too and wanted me to give him some healing herbs."

I see her little greenman pop out and he comes close to me.

He sure was adorable. I give him the herb and his tiny hand touched my finger as he took the leaf.

Nothing happened. I look over to where Yukio is peaking through and he shrugs his shoulders. Plan A didn't work.
Retreat.

I left the room and Yukio met up with me.

"Mephisto needs my assistance but we'll talk about another plan later."

Yukio walked away. Once he turned the corner I hear footsteps behind me.

It was Rin.

"So you're close with my brother now huh?"

"So what if I am?" I said while crossing my arms and turning to the side.

"Look I'm sorry for what I said but I love you Y/N. I don't want to lose you."

My eye widened and my arms loosened up. I don't know what to say. I'm not thinking straight, but he loves Shiemi. Why else would be stick up for her and be by her side every minute?

"Just go back to Shiemi, you've dated her once. I'm sure you still have feelings for her so leave me alone."

I turn to walk away but he grabs my arm and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I said that I love you. She's just a friend, but I was stupid to not have stood up for you when you needed me the most. I truly am sorry and I noticed my mistake."

I hug him back and lean my head in his neck.

I forgave him easily but I was tired of fighting with the one I loved.