38.

Melanie Stephen

"No I want this flavor right here!" I pointed to the chunky monkey flavored ice cream that was separated by only a thin piece of glass.

"Aight chill Mel how many scoops you want?" Jay asked as held onto Cali's free hand, her other occupied with a medium sized-cone with vanilla ice cream and sprinkles.

"Could I get three scoops please?"

The guy behind the counter nodded and smiled as he filled the bowl with ice cream to the brim.

"Here ya go miss!" He slid the bowl over the countertop. "Is that all for you guys?"

"Yeah that's all bruh, how much is it?"

"Your total will be $17.68. Will that be cash or card?"

"Cash." Jay said as he pulled out a wad of money from his pocket, giving the guy a $100 bill. "Keep the change."

The guy seemed pretty happy with the transaction and sent us off with laughter and smiles. We grabbed seats near the back of the ice cream shop and all I could think about was the fact that I have two more weeks until my baby girl is here 😝.

"So how you doing?" Jay asked me.

"I'm okay I'm just so excited to finally see her ya know? I wonder if she'll look like me."

"Eh she might look like whoever her father is. Which will be me of course." He said sounding so confident.

Jayceon has definitely did a complete turn around since early on in the pregnancy, but Miles is just going backwards as fuck. After the baby shower I decided to stay home instead of going back to my condo maybe because I was tired, but later on that week he came home super late and said he had to finish work at the office even though the building closes at one in the morning and it was going on three.

No matter what he says, or what he does it'll never change the way I feel about him. That nigga is low down and dirty and I can't trust him anymore like how I thought I could.

"I'm hoping now that you're her dad." I mumbled.

"Why you say that?"

"I don't know. I don't wanna think Miles is cheating on me, but then again I feel like he is. I won't lie and say I'm only there for Chase, which is somewhat true, but I'm there because I wanna make it work. I want to be there because I genuinely love him."

He nodded and lowered his head a little. "I mean you do whatever you feel is necessary. If Nari is his then what you gone do? You gone leave him or be with him? And it's the same with me you think he'll be comfortable with her being my baby?"

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat my ice cream. I know a man won't be cool with his woman having another man's baby even though he say he will, but I don't even know if I want Nari to be his.

"I'm gone ask you one question...how you feel about me? And how you feel about him?"

I looked down at the finger that once had the engagement ring on it, but I took it back off after my baby shower. "I have feelings for you also Jay and then I have feelings for Miles also. I love you both it's just Miles has me more occupied with things that's going on recently."