The End Pt. Two- Alternate 1

Hunter got down on one knee and opened up a small blue velvet box with two golden rings inside. They were beautiful and I nearly got lost in the diamond's sparkle."Shiloh, will you marry me?" 

"I... I", Quickly looking around to see everyone standing a good 7 feet behind us, they all had hope in their eyes. "I can't, Hunter," I whispered as he stood up in shock. "We've only known each other for a few month. Good months but there is still so much I don't know and Marriage is a huge step... I hope you understand." I searched his eyes for the minutes that past but he stood stiff while looking at the ground.

He nodded, "I understand" was all he said before walking off without the slightest hesitation. He said nothing after that and remained poker-faced as he continued to walk past my parents. 

I hope he doesn't think I hate him. I'm just not ready to get married. I still want to be with him but marriage is just this huge step that scares me shitless and I'm still young. What do I do? I like him... maybe even love but... but I don't know! What should I do?... He's the light of my life right now but he must hate me for rejecting him like that. I'm gonna go crazy! 

"Shiloh? What did you just do?" My mother ran up to me and shook my shoulders but right now, she was the last of my worries. I have to run to him.

Immediately, I pulled out my phone and began dialing his number.

"The person you're trying to reach-" Again I dialed and again it went to voice mail. I ran downstairs and grabbed a random pair of car keys then ran to the garage.

"C'mon, which one is it?" I muttered and clicked the button to the key until one of the cars beeped. "Oh come one! Not this car." It was a White 1965 VW Beetle my dad swore his love to as soon as he bought it from a private dealer a few years ago.

It took awhile to start the car up but as soon as I did, it bolted right out of the garage and into the streets. I felt unhinged from my body and life. I was going crazy with all of these emotions and thoughts racing around in my head. I wanted to focus on one task but unconsciously my mind was saying, 'No, turn this car around and give up.'  I ended up talking to myself the entire ride to his house.

And as soon as I got there I noticed nothing... nothing that would show me he was here. So I waited.

I waited and waited for hours, calling his best friend, his parents, the pub he loved to go to watch soccer games. I called his office and his nasty Secretary (who, might I add, wasn't pleased to hear me at all), I even called out to the birds just in case they'd talk back and tell me where the hell he was but of course there was nothing. I'm really going insane.

~~~

I waited for days. His father stopped answering my calls and texts. My parents wanted me to stop thinking about him. A month later, I checked his house but it was up for sale. Another month passed and I finally checked his company building but it was deserted. It was as if I dreamt everything and I'll finally wake up when I forget. So I did.

I moved on and away. I eloped years later to a man that slightly resembles Hunter... but I won't tell him that. We had three kids, Triplets. One beautiful girl and two handsome boys. All three of them had striking blue eyes and gorgeous wavy hair that fell and looked like a chocolate waterfall. 

Evangeline had a soft heart and a strong will. She grew up beautifully and became an equal rights advocate who later won a Nobel prize. Sebastian, the oldest son, was born with special needs but he didn't let that bring him down. In his young adult years, he signed up for the special Olympics and won many gold medals. Before he died, at the young age of 35, he became a part of the Hall Of Fame. And last but definitely not least, Augustine, the youngest. He went on to create an FPS video game that would change all games forever and to Shiloh's surprise, Augustine married Hunter's son but Hunter had already passed from a brain tumor a year prior to that engagement.

None of them would ever admit but from the day Hunter left to the day they both died, they loved each other so much.

Next Alternate ending will be updated by noon PST!

So stayed tuned!

And thank you all for the votes, comments, and support!

Cuddly~