Chapter 8 Plans for Christmas

Dedicated to InsanityDragon2003 thanks for voting in all the chapters so far, it means a lot to me!😀 and without further ado 💡📽🎬

Karma's POV
    I walked out of the classroom trying to find YN. I had no idea where she had disappeared to. Snow began falling in large slow, flakes, covering the ground in a white blanket.
"You're going to catch a cold out here." I smirk as I found YN sitting against the building, looking blankly at the sky.
"You worry to much. I'm from Michigan remember? This doesn't bother me." YN chuckled as I sat down next to her. "So any plans for Christmas break?" She asked casually.
    That's right! I had completely forgotten that today was the last day of school before the holiday, and to be honest I wasn't looking forward to it. "No. My parents come home and through a huge business Christmas party that I plan to avoid. You?"
"No. We don't even have a Christmas tree." YN shrugged. "But I hope he'll be home for Christmas."
"I'm sure he will." I nodded. Kurasama wasn't a bad person, he just wasn't used to being a dad. Surly he wouldn't leave his only family alone on Christmas, not even my parents did that.
Just then I heard Kurasama's voice as he stepped out of the building, he was on his cellphone and looked very angry.
"No! No, I'm not working Christmas I have a daughter now. No I didn't plan on her! Fine fine you win, I will see you then." Kurasama stormed back inside.
My mouth dropped, I had no idea what to think. Before I could say anything YN quickly stood and brushed the snow off her grey skirt.
"Karma, I'm leaving, could you tell Kuro Sensei I'm sick." YN turned away from me, I couldn't see her face but I knew she was crying, I could see it in her body motion, that was tense, I could hear it in her voice that shook.
"Where are you going?" I asked, something told me it wasn't to her apartment.
"I'm going home for Christmas." YN began walking away from me and I ran to catch up with her.
"You mean to Detroit? YN are you insane? What about Kurasama? Where would you even get the money, where would you stay?" I rattled off questions as I chased her down.
YN stopped dead in her tracks and whipped around. Tears rolled down her face and continued to fill her eyes, her lip trembled as she fought not to cry. "Karma." She choked. "I... I'm not an idiot so please stop acting like I am. I'm going through enough right now, and I don't need you acting like I'm a child. Do you really think I'd take off for a week without money, a place to stay, or anything?"
I stopped too. Now that I replayed what I said, I really did sound like I thought she was an idiot. "I didn't mean for it to come off like that, but I'm worried about you."
"If you must know, I have about 500 thousand dollars to my name, thanks to my mom. Round trip to Michigan and back is about 10000 dollars. As for a place to stay, I'm staying at my old combat school, yes it's a dorm. Any more questions?" YN pushed a tear away and wrapped her arms around her body.
"Just one." I paused, and took a deep breath. "Can I come with you?"
I don't know what I said but all of a sudden YN barried her face in her hands and began sobbing. She looked so small and fragile, I was hesitant to touch her for the fear shed shatter in my arms, but I slowly wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close. She cried, and cried, like she hadn't cried in months. After a while I could just make out the words,
"Of course you can come."
                                                                    ~~~
Your POV
    Am I crazy? Ya probably. I thought to myself as I threw clothes into a backpack along with snacks and a pair of tennis-shoes. But I couldn't deny something was wrong with me. Ever since I killed the reaper I've been on edge, I couldn't sleep, everything just seemed darker, and there was only one person I knew I could talk to. I didn't like the idea of running off during Christmas break, but Kurasama's words kept echoing in my mind. 'No I didn't plan her!' Sure I knew I had dropped into his life unannounced but to hear it like that it broke my heart. I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down a note to Kurasama.
Dear Kurasama,
    I am sorry for leaving without letting you know, but it has come to my attention that you will be working over Christmas. I have decided to visit some old friends to give you a better work environment and I will be home on the 3 of January.
    I hoped I sounded professional enough. Placing the note on the table I grabbed my thick black coat, white earmuffs and red cloves. Michigan here I come.
    I walked out of the apartment and was greeted by Karma. He wore a black jacket with a blue scarf. His hands were in his pockets and he had a bag slung over his shoulder.
    "You ready?" He asked with a smile.
    "You don't have to come you know." I tucked by chin into the collar of my coat trying not to blush.
    "Are you kidding? A vacation with you, visiting another country, and I don't have to go to my parents party, I'm seriously excited." Karma grinned.
    "Well, if you're sure. We better go." I grabbed Karma's hand and ran down the stairs and into the chilly night air, and we didn't stop running until we reached the air port.
~~~
The trip through the airport was quite un eventful and we made it onto the plane with no difficulty. The plane was packed for the holidays with people of every age and personality. In front of us was a family of four. The wife and husband had their two sleeping babies on their laps, and talked in quiet voices so not to wake them.
"Where are you two heading?" An old lady asked. Her silver hair was held in a tight bun, and she wore a bright red coat, perfect for Christmas.
"Detroit." We both answered, then chuckled.
"I'm going to visit some old friends." I finished with a smile.
"And I'm going because the girl gets into trouble wherever she goes." Karma rolled his eyes and snickered.
"I do not!" I gasped as I turned a looked at him.
"Oh you do, or do you not remember the time you got lost in the movie theater?" Karma teased, talking about our date.
"It was dark." I pouted.
"And I'm sure it gets dark in Detroit. We are going to the United States, not Mars."
We were interrupted by a light harmonic chuckle. We both turned and looked at the old women who's cheeks were rosy from laughter. "Oh you two are such a cute couple." She laughed. "My husband and I used to act exactly like that. Oh it brings back memories."
"Oh we aren't a couple." I quickly corrected.
"We only went on one date." Karma clarified.
The woman wiped a tear away from her eye and sighed, now coming down from her laughing fit. "Sonny back in my day, one date meant you were most likely to get married."
Karma and I turned red as the plane began to take off.