Chapter 3

Previously:

A few minutes later James came back, sliding back next to me. "Well bad news is, the bar is closing."

"Closing? What time is it?" I asked.

"3:30."

"Oh shit, I didn't realise it was that late." I said looking at my watch.

"Well, good news is, I had wine back at my place, do you want to come back for a drink?"

I pushed my way through the still slightly crowded dance-floor over to Emma and Gabriella who were still sitting at the booths with the guys they'd met.

"Hey hey, are you heading home?" Emma asked as I approached, downing the last of her drink.

"Umm, actually," I blushed awkwardly, "I think I'm going to go back to James' for a drink..."

Emma nearly coughed out her drink, "Back to James'? The guy from before?"

"Are you sure?" Gabriella added, looking equally surprised.

"It's just a drink." I muttered, not looking them in the eye.

"Are you sure it's just a drink?" Emma asked again, "Would Jaz be ok with this?"

"Oh come on," I said, losing my tone of awkwardness, "Jaz is a year older, not a decade, I'm fine, I can make my own decisions."

"Ok ok, you go then girl." Emma said, amused by my outburst, leaning back against the guy.

"Ok well, I'll see you guys later I guess." I laughed back, starting to walk away.

"Yeah, later as in tomorrow morning!" Gabriella called behind me.

I smirked to myself, making my way to the front of the club where James and his friend Matthew were waiting for me.

"All good?" James asked slipping an arm behind my back.

"Yep, let's go."

I took in my surroundings. Not only was this house massive, it had an elevator. I had only seen the route to the room I was currently but I could already tell there were at least five bedrooms.

I looked around the room. It didn't seem very personal. No photos or personal items, just a simple bedspread, wardrobe and bedside tables. James had disappeared downstairs to get us a drink, leaving me to sit awkwardly on the bed. In the bedroom beside me, separated by a bathroom was Matthew who was passed out and Lauren, the girl whom I had met briefly earlier in the VIP room. I started to get a little worried, had it not occurred to me that I was in a total stranger's at nearly 4am. What if bought me a spiked drink? Or wouldn't take no for an answer? And he still didn't know I was 18 and still in school..

"Hey, you ok?"

I jumped, looking up. James stood in the doorway holding two glasses of wine. He had taken his dress jacket on and unbuttoned his shirt slightly, giving him a slightly rugged, undone look. He looked sexy.

"Fine." I smiled weakly, "This is a really big place."

"It's the family holiday house, actually." He explained, "I stay here a few times a months when I'm here, otherwise I'm in my apartment in Sydney."

"Right.. Of course." I said taking my heels off. I sighed in satisfaction, while the heels did wonders for my legs, my feet had been aching the past 2 hours.