EIGHT

❝I WANTED TO UNDERSTAND HIM AND PUNCH HIM AT THE SAME TIME.❞

________

________

ACT FOUR
SCENE FOUR

"OH, THANK GOD. YOU'RE ALIVE."

Haven ignored the sound of her door opening, knowing it would most likely be Octavia since she didn't believe Negan had the nerve to return to face her again.

"He took Carl back home, he just left a couple minutes ago." Octavia noticed Haven stuffing a couple of things into a bag, throwing other things onto the floor.

"Great. Now you're going to help me get a car so I can follow them."

"Excuse me?"

"You're one of them. You have special privileges, please Octavia, I need to make sure Carl gets back home safely. He's just a kid." She was desperate, she refused to be another second under the same roof as Negan.

"Haven, I can't."

"Why not? I get that it's risky but you can even get out of here! My group, my family can help you and protect you."

"You don't fucking get it, Negan-"

"Don't mention that name. I'm not going to let him control me and you shouldn't either!"

"HAVEN, LISTEN TO ME! He's not bullshitting you when he tells you he really sees you as something, as someone, special. I've been around here for a while to see how Negan is around women and I've never seen him like this. He could've killed you, but he didn't."

Putting aside her belongings, turning around to face Octavia, the brunette was becoming increasingly confused. "What are you trying to say?"

"He cares about you, it's weird but he does. Use that to your advantage, Haven. Be smart about this."

"Then I will, which is why I'm going to do this with our without your help." Returning back to her previous actions, Haven came in contact with the only weapon she was in possession of. The gun Negan had given her in Alexandria.

Octavia's words began to run through her mind. It was impossible to her, for that man to care about her. But she couldn't let such thing phase her, Haven had to do what she had to do.

Grabbing her bag and putting the gun in her back pocket, Haven made her way to the door, looking over at Octavia one last time.