TWO

❝IS IT REALLY A SACRIFICE WHEN YOU END UP EMBRACING THE EVIL?❞

_________

ACT ONE
SCENE TWO

IT HAD BEEN A PRODUCTIVE DAY SO FAR, AND IT STILL HADN'T ENDED.

Negan loved it when something unexpected occurred. He hadn't planned to waltz right into Haven's house, but duty calls when he sees a pretty face.

But when he realized she more than just a simple pretty face, Negan knew they just didn't make them like her no more.

His thoughts were put to a halt when he felt the woman beside him keep shaking. It was Olivia, the woman in charge of the gun inventory. He didn't like to harm women, there weren't many of them left to go around killing them. But he had to make a statement.

"Geez, Olivia. Calm down there will ya?" Not expecting a response back from her, Negan took a sip from his drink before beginning a little conversation with the women beside him.

"Look, I'm sure it ain't your fault that some guns got misplaced. I mean, it ain't fair that they leave it all up to you to manage all those damn guns. Rick doesn't give you at least some shifts?" If there was, the bigger the statement would be. When it kept taking longer for the woman to respond to him, it took everything in Negan not to lose his patience. He knew if he scared this woman more than he already had, he wouldn't win anything.

"Y-Y-Yes. I get some help from someone else."

"Why don't you tell me who that 'someone else' is? Don't worry, I'm not going to kill them." Her foot tapping became quicker, as she didn't know whether or not to tell the man who helps her.

"It's, um, Ms. Dixon. She sometimes helps manage and distribute them. She's great, she wouldn't steal anything."

Dixon?

"Holy crap, is the redneck married?"

"O-O-Oh, no! It's his sister. It's the only family he has left." Jackpot. Negan let out a small laugh at discovering the news, making Olivia more uncomfortable than she already was.

"Why don't you tell me who she-" Negan rolled his eyes once his question was put to a halt at the sight of Rick.

"Here they are, two handguns. Now will you please just let her go?" Smirking, Negan opened the cloth to reveal the handguns.

"So they were here after all? Funny how a 'holy shit somebody's going to die!' lights a fire under everybody's ass. So which one of your fine folks almost cost Olivia the rest of her days?" Feeling satisfied at watching Rick squirm beside him, it still bothered him that he still didn't have everyone on his side, under his order.

"It doesn't matter." Shifting his eyes from Rick to where the voice came from, Negan handed the handguns to one his men and began to walk towards the woman.

"Look doll, I like you and all, and I hate to disagree with you, but it does. Your leader here has to get everyone on page, or we'll be back to step one." Only breaking their eye contact to look over to Daryl, Negan's offer from earlier ran through her mind again.

Just thinking of the things they could be doing to Daryl felt like a stab to her heart. If there was any way that she could save him, or at least help lessen the torture they're doing towards Daryl, she just had to take it.

But is it worth losing the trust and love from the people she calls her family as well?

Noticing him glance back for a moment, Haven's eyes met with Negan's right when he turned back around. In almost a whispering tone, Negan leaned in closer to her.

"I'm giving you until the next time I come back to make up your cute little mind about my offer. And to show you just how much I already trust you..." Confused on why his voice had gone out, Haven jumped a bit at feeling his hand so close to her lower back. Ready to shove him back and clip his jaw just like her brother had, goosebumps were sent down her spine at feeling cold metal have contact with her skin.
It was a gun. Once he safely tucked it into her back jeans pocket, Negan gave her shoulder a pat, earning her to shove his arm away from her skin.

"I want my brown eyes to be safe, so that, is for your use and your use only. So like I said, you got until I come back to make up your mind, or hell, maybe I'll show up early again just for you."

__________

ACT ONE
SCENE THREE

THERE WAS ONE THING LEFT BOTHERING HIM AFTER LEAVING ALEXANDRIA.

Dealing with Rick had made Negan forget to ask Olivia the question that would be the key to his problem.

He was a step closer to finding Daryl's weakness, another step closer to breaking him.

"Simon, where did Dwight leave the redneck's clothes and shit after they shoved him into the cell?"

"I'll bring them right to ya, Negan." Nodding to his right hand man, Negan entered his bedroom. If this was the last remaining family member of the guy, he must have something on him to fit the last puzzle piece of Negan's riddle.

Hearing the knock on his door, Negan motioned Simon to drop the belongings on the nearby table and make his way out. Arising from his seat, Negan picked up the dirty pair of jeans, searching the front pockets to find nothing.
Once he searched the back pockets, that's when he did find something.

Pulling the item out, it looked like a photograph. Flipping it over to the front, once Negan observed and recognized, his lips formed into a smirk.

It was a photograph of a smiling brunette, he didn't know if it was because of the condition of the photograph, but he would bet it was from before the apocalypse.

It was of Haven.

He couldn't believe just how damn smart he could be. He was already one step ahead without even knowing she was what he had been looking for all along.

________

YAYYYY FINALLY AN UPDATE!

I'm currently in vacation so yay, I shall be submitting my college apps by Friday also so I'm super nervous

and also the next chapters maybe a little off from the tv storyline for the sake of the development!!

thank u so much for all the love this book is receiving!! it means the world