31. Watch your mouth

Start from the beginning

Tahny

"You look hot as fuck." Olivia said grabbing my ass as we hugged.

"Thank you. You look cute too."

I put my keys in my clutch and walked next to her up the path to this huge mansion in Hollywood. Clearly this friend of Olivia's is rich as fuck.

"This place is huge." Olivia said looking around just as amazed as I am. "You never been here before? I thought you said this person is your friend?"

"She has houses all over California. She even has one down the street because it has more closet space. And we're not friends actually. Well I shouldn't say that... I'll put it this way, I'm her friend but she's not mine. I just come to her parties and hang out with her for the free shit. That's why I invited you along so I have someone to talk shit with. The who owns the house, we met at a mutual acquaintance's party and I've been using her ever since."

I looked at her. "You don't have a lot of friends do you?"

She shook her head. "All my friends are in Alaska, where I'm from, and even those people aren't really my friends. People always say I'm boring or I'm to anal about everything. I don't think those things are true, I just like certain things done my way but don't we all?" She said sadly.

"That's true." I playfully bumped her with my shoulder. "Don't feel bad. I don't have a lot friends either. The ones I do have they think I can never hang with them because I have a kid and that one you have a baby your life is over, that's not true at all. And some of them think I'm broing too since I don't go out every weekend and blow my money on alcohol." We walked further up the path.

"So how about this... We can be each other's boring friend." She said hooking her arm around mine.

I nodded with a smile. "Sure, I would like that."

We walked into the house and a man in all white tux stepped in front of us, with one arm behind his back carrying a gold try with glasses of champagne. "Take one please, you'll need it." He whispered with an eye roll. Olivia and I exchanged a look before taking a glass.

We walked further into the house and instantly felt like broke trash. Whoever this woman is her house is niiccceee.

Wait a minute. Is that a- There's a huge painting on the ceiling, on the damn ceiling! This place makes Olivia's house look like a motel 6.

"Let's sit right here." Olivia took my arm and lead me too a loveseat leaned against the wall by the fireplace. We live in California... Why do you need a fireplace?

There was a small stage set up in the middle of the room and people were sitting around it. "What's with the stage?" Liv rolled her eyes. "She has one in all the houses I've been to. Every time she has a party she always makes a long drunk speech before the party can even starts."

I took a sip from my glass trying to loosen up in case said speech happens. I looked around the room and watched some people walk by until I noticed that me and Olivia are the darkest people here.

"Um have you noticed, or am I crazy, that I'm the only black person here?"

Olivia nodded. "My dad is Eyak, which is a Native American tribe in Alaska and my mom is white. The woman who lives here, used to tell her friends that I'm her most "trusted ethnic friend" like a joke. She'd used to say "what I'd do to have skin like yours" like little dies6 she knows my mom is white so I still have a strong chance of looking 50 by the time I'm 35."

I frowned. "What the hell? Did you bring us here for us to get blood sacrificed or something?"

She laughed. "No. I told you are here to have a good time. You'll see. Plus the girl Jessica who throws these parties has some good ass weed."