06; breaking rules

Start from the beginning

Her smile faded when she came across Lolita. She held the book in her hands.

"You have Lolita too?" She spun around, holding up the novel.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites. Vladimir Nabokov is amazing,"

"And disturbed," She rolled her eyes and placed the book back on the shelf. Her eyes scanned over the rest of the them, nodding her head approvingly.

"Not bad, how much can I take?"

"Whatever you want, I've read them all."

She smiled contently and grabbed her bag, shoving all the books she found to be interesting inside.

"You can take whatever you want of mine too," She smiled, "I've read them all – just return them whenever."

He nodded and began to pickout the ones that caught his eye. It was silent for quite a while as they both went through each other's piles. Glancing at the mirror once more, she caught him grabbing Twilight, and shoving it in his bag quickly.

"Well, you must not think it's so bad after all." She smirked, arms crossed.

He glanced up, surprised, before rolling his eyes, "I'll give it a try. For you."

She paused, a blush creeping onto her cheeks, "Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night."

She found out his name was Vincent. She liked that name.

She turned back to the bookcase, and shoved the last novel inside.

"Goddamn, I'm hungry," Her stomach growled as she clutched it.

"Me too," He frowned, laying on his bed, gazing up at the ceiling. She smiled at him, but he wasn't watching.

"Are there any vending machines around?"

"Yes, Vada, we'll go and buy food from a vending machine with all the money we have," He scowled.

"Don't need to be an ass about it," She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Is the caf open yet?"

"Nope, it opens at eight."

She glanced up at the clock. It was three in the morning.

"If I don't eat now, I'll die," She said solemnly, tilting her head backwards.

He propped his head on the wall and smirked, "Actually, a human can survive 30-40 days without food."

"Fuck off," She laughed, but her smile faded quickly, "Seriously, I need food. Do they lock up the caf?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and crawled off the bed, "You're not breaking into the caf, you psycho."

"But I'm hungry–"

"No, I won't let you. Negan will kill you."

"Negan loves me. He wouldn't hurt me," She rolled her eyes and grabbed his arm, "Please please come with me?"

"No. I don't know about you, but I value my life," He pulled back.