Chapter 5

IM BACK! EmilyWoodson gave me sooooo many ideas, and since she did, I was able to write faster. When n'yall give me ideas, it really helps me to write quicker so please keep them coming.
________

"No." Mrs. Philby stated, arms folded across her chest.

Dell furrowed his eyebrows. "But mommmmmm." He whined, sinking down onto the couch.

"Don't 'but mom' me, Dell Philby," she started,"I already said what I had to say. You are not going to fall into this sort of distraction. You have too much to worry about right now with school and getting into university, young man."

"Willa is not a distraction." He stated, looking his mother in the eyes. He had planned on asking Willa out for ages now, and just wanted to check with his mother first. "She cares too much about school to let me be distracted!"

Mrs. Philby fixated her hands on her hips. "I have said my piece." She told him, sashaying  her way back into the kitchen.

Philby loved his mother, but sometimes, she could be a little.. Difficult. She was just over reacting a little bit. He wasn't sure why. He knew she was quite fond of Willa. But she had been very tense about philby going to university lately.  Philby couldn't believe that this was the reaction she had!

He stood up from his spot on the couch and walked towards the closet. He strapped on his sneakers and left, without telling his mom he was going. 

He walked for awhile and found himself eventually in front of Willa's house. He trotted up the steps and knocked on the door.

After a few moments, the door opened, revealing Willa's 5 year old brother, Sammy. He was only as tall as Philby's waist, and therefore he bent down to his height to talk to him.

"Hi philbee." Sammy said with a grin.

"Hey little man. Is Willa home right now?"

Sammy pondered this for a moment. "Yes. She's upstairs. I'll get her."

He opened the door to allow philby in and Philby closed the door behind himself. Sammy waddled up the stairs, going to get Willa.

As philby waited at the door, Willa's older brother Josh walked past him. "Philbo! What's up man?" He asked, shaking his hand/ leading a bro hug.

"Not much. How about you?"

"Heading to the girlfriends." He shared, twirling his car key around his index finger.

Philby nodded as Josh bid him goodbye and headed out the door.
--
Willa was on her laptop, getting a head start on an assignment when Sammy entered her room.

"Hey buddy!" She chimed, patting the space on the bed beside her. He climbed up and embraced his sister.

"Philbee is down stairs." He grinned, making kissy noises.

Willa rolled her eyes as a smile caught on her lips. "Sammy cut it out." She whined.

She climbed out of her bed and helped Sammy down as well. She walked to her mirror and adjusted her thick ivory sweater. She dug her fingers through her curls and attempted to smooth the top. She ignored Sammy's "oohing and aahing" and opened the door to her room.

She bounded down the stairs and noticed philby standing by the door, shoes removed, with a film in his hand.

"Star Wars?" She called to him.

"You know it, love." He responded, cheekily.

She walked over to him and quickly gave him a hug. She invited him to come sit and together they made their way into the living room.
---
They were about half way into the movie when Willa looked at philby. His eyebrows were furrowed slightly. She knew that face. He was upset about something. He only brought over Star Wars when he was. It happened after he failed a test once, when his father had to go back to England for a year, and when his grandma passed away a few years ago. She knew something was up so she decided to confront him.

"Phil?" She muttered into his arm, which was wrapped around her shoulder. The two sat under a blanket as it was quite cold in the house.

"Yeah?" He peered down at her.

She reached for the remote and paused the movie. "What's wrong?"

He froze. "Nothing." He stated quietly.

Willa gave him a look. "Nonsense." She said, "please tell me."

He let out a breath and looked her in the eyes. "Willa I really, really like you." He stated.

Her stomach twisted. He liked her back?

"But the problem is. My mom doesn't want us dating. I told her I wanted to ask you out, and she told me she didn't want dating to interfere with my schooling."

"I'm sorry Phil."

"It's not you Willa," he stated quickly, "ma loves you. She's just been really stressed over uni lately."

Willa nodded briskly and buried her face into Philby's chest. "I get it."

"Willa. I really don't care what she says. I am in love with you and have been for 3 years now. Would you do me the honour of becoming my girlfriend?"

Willa's heart raced. "I really want to say yes. I like you too. But I don't want to go against your mom. Maybe now just isn't a good time." It broke her heart to say that.

Philby sighed. "Okay." He said, showing a quivering smile. He wrapped his arm around her once more and planted a kiss on her forehead. "It's worth the wait."

She smiled and readjusted herself so she was laying across Philby's lap. For the first time she realized how right it felt to be here with philby.
--

They were half way through the 6th movie when Philby's phone vibrated in his pocket. He winced knowing what a punishment was to come.

"It's my ma..." He said, pulling his phone from his jeans.

Willa watched as he read the message. A slow smile spread across his face.

"What is it?" She questioned.

He smirked. "Ill read it to you. Dell, I'm sorry for overreacting earlier. Willa is a beautiful and intelligent young woman and I know she would never sabotage your future in academics. I know you're at her house right now and I want to give you my full blessing to ask her to be your girlfriend. I just want what's best for you, but now I realize that Willa is what's best for you. You're growing up and not my little boy anymore. I'm sorry again. Now go get your girl.

-ma xx"

Willa smiled. "So she's okay with it?"

Philby nodded.

"Well in that case, yes. I will go out with you." She wrapped her arms around his neck and he planted a kiss on her cheek.

The two continued to watch their movie, hand in hand.
---

"Aha. You owe me ice cream!" Sammy stuck his tongue out at Josh and he scowled back at his brother.

"Fine let's go now. Leave these love birds alone."

____
Fluff fluff fluff fluff. Sup n'yall sorry for the super short chapter. I think this was pretty cute. Not too shabby for a one day update. Hope you enjoyed. Keep the ideas rolling!

~kingdomkeeper_wilby3