Getting Worse

"I know you can hear me so let's get to the point!" Fintan shouted, they all ducked down so he wouldn't spot them. When Sophie peaked over the window sill Fintan was levitating outside their window. She screamed and scrambled backwards. From outside the window Fintan laughed and called down Everblaze to his side. He bashed through the window and Sophie lunged to grab someone. Her hand enclosed over Dex's wrist. She tugged him backwards towards her.
"Look at this cosy little hideout, a shame it would be for it to be burned to the ground wouldn't it." Fintan said, sickly sweet. "Monster!" Keefe shouted, lunging for Fintan. Tam acted quicker then the others and grabbed his shoulders holding him back with difficulty. "Keefe stop it." Sophie whispered, Keefe looked over at her, his eyes wild. But when he met her eyes the fire went out. He went limp in Tam's arms and let him drag him back to their little huddle. "I have a proposition for you."
Sophie glared at him with such hate even Brant would flinch. Well that is if Brant was alive. "I'm sure you know by now that your human family is missing am I right?" He whispered, directing it straight at Sophie not even looking at anyone else or registering Keefe's clenched fists, ready to dive at him.  "What are you going to do them?" She shouted at Fintan, her voice thick with hate. "Come with us and they will remain unharmed." Fintan came closer sparking a line of fire in between her and the others and whispered in her ear. "You know that you'll do anything for them." Then he light leaped away. The others were shouting and screaming, scrambling to get the fire out. Sophie stood frozen, but she spotted something on the floor. She bent down and saw it was a leaping crystal and a note reading: You have three days, don't show up and they die. It was signed with the Neverseen's sign. She stared at it, thoughts racing through her head and panicking. On the other side of the fire the others managed to put it out and they rushed at her. Fitz reached her first. "What did he say to you?" Everyone shouted, Sophie felt her knees buckle and someone grabbed her and held her up. "Foster, you're not going to faint are you?" Keefe said warily, approaching her. "No." She said trying to speak with dignity. Fitz peered at her from behind her, where he was standing and holding her up by the waist. "So if I let you go, you won't fall down." He smirked, Sophie scowled and squared her shoulders. "Try me." She challenged, he let her go and she stumbled. Fitz grabbed her hands and laughed, she flushed and giggled. Keefe and Dex eyed them jealously, Keefe's fists were still clenched.
"What's that in your hand Foster?" Sophie looked down and saw that the leaping crystal and letter was peeking out. "Oh some trash I found, it's nothing really." She tried to keep her emotions synced with the lie but Keefe still narrowed his eyes. He didn't comment though and for that she was thankful.

Later back at her home, she felt torn. Go and die and save her human family. Or not go and don't save her human family and they die. Either way it was a loosing side. The Neverseen was still out there and the Nightside thing was still a mystery. But she decided to check it out, she had a plan in the back of her mind, she only hoped it worked. She went downstairs to her parents. "Hey Mum hey Dad." She said casually, grabbing a bottle of lushberry juice, trying to seem calm. "Hey Soph, are you ok? Kesler told us about Fintan coming to the hideout. He didn't hurt you did he?" Grady asked worriedly, Sophie shook her head. She tried to sound convincing as she said. "Hey can I go over to Biana's? We were planning for having a sleepover." Her parents didn't suspect a thing, but they did make her feel guilty when Edaline came up to her room as she was about to leave and gave her a hug. "I hope you know that you can tell us anything." Sophie nodded into her shoulder fighting back tears. "Bye Mum bye Dad!" She called as she walked up to the Leapmaster. "We love you honey." They replied, Sophie smiled and waved. But instead of heading to Everglen she went to the Wandering Woods, the elves graveyard. She ran past the trees, until she reached the hill where her own tree stood next to Dex's from when they were claimed dead by a tidal wave, instead they were being held captive and drugged in the Neverseen's hideout. There in front of her was a note. It was from the Black Swan as she had suspected.

Your friends are unsuspecting,
But we know what you're hiding.
Don't turn yourself in
We can handle this.

She stared at it as though it was the worst thing in the world. For the first time ever, she crumpled up the note and took out the leaping crystal. "SOPHIE!" She whipped around, stuffing the crystal into her pocket before Keefe came over the hill. He was puffing and had seemed to be hurrying. "Don't do it Foster." He said, grabbing her hands. "Do what? Keefe - I don't understand."
"I know what you're feeling." He promised.
"And?"
"You can't turn yourself in, you can't die." Keefe looked horrified by the very thought.
"Listen Foster, if you go and die I'll never forgive myself. None of us will." He stared her in the eyes. Sophie closed her eyes, trying to sort out her feelings. When she couldn't seem to be able to, she did the first thing that came to mind. She kicked Keefe in the shins and pushed him away, grabbing the crystal she held it up to the dying light and the last thing she saw before the scene glittered away was Keefe lying on the ground, staring at her with a look of such depression it broke her heart.
The world reformed and she found she was standing in a small wood, no one was there.
"Sophie Foster."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Yay! Second chapter published woo hoo! And I did it within like one day :D And there you go for the Foster-Keefe shippers, a tiny scene (I'm sorry) to show how much Keefe cares for Sophie. And sorry I made her kick him, it broke my heart too. The next chapter will be up within two days. Thanks for watching hope you enjoyed it and I'm not going to make the chapters too long since then it takes more time so if I make them shorter then I can publish them quicker ;) Logic everybody. Love you guys!