Chapter 1

Songs/s

New Year - Kate York

Best Day of My Life-American Authors

Drunk- Ed Sheeran

Chapter One: On January, we met by the sea

January 1, 2014

I hate my life.

Why does this have to happen to me? I mean, why me?

I'm a good person. I donate to charity. I have good grades. I'm the exact opposite of my brothers who don't even have a care for those homeless people out on the streets. So how come my flight get's switched while their's don't. Is life really that unfair?

This was suppose to be the best day ever but apparently life hated my guts way too much to go the way I planned. And it was a new year, and I promised myself that this year, everything will go the right way.

I hate my life.

I sighed. Inhale. Exhale. You can't let idiots ruin your day, Lilly. You just can't. Okay, it's the first page of a 365 book. Write a good one. Be optimistic. See the brightside of everything. And most importantly, do what your conscience tells you. Even though it sounded smart and wise but actually just combined a few quotes that you saw on tumblr.

I feel something vibrate in my pocket. I pull out my phone and looked at the caller ID.

Mom

I press answer.

"Lillian, are you sure you're okay?," Mom asked, concern evident in her voice.

No. "Yeah, sure. I'm okay, fine. You have nothing to be worried about," I lied.

"I'm sorry this had to happen, Lilly. I was so sure about all of our flights. Don't worry, I'll call the airline right now and send a complaint."

Oh, you better. "No. It's okay, mom. I'm fine. My flight just got switched, that's all. It's nothing," I lie again.

"I knew you'd react like this, so understandable," she says.

I'm only reacting like this because you want a perfect daughter. "Yeah, I need to go now, Mom. Bye."

"Bye sweetheart. We'll meet you at the waiting area. Just call me when you get off the plane, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Bye."

I press the end button and sighed. I'm not even on the plane yet and I'm already dreading the whole vacation.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Flight 227, now ready for boarding."

I literally spring from my seat. After 2 hours of waiting, the plane's ready for boarding.

As I walk to the entrance, as I wheel down my suitcase, I could actually hear the heavenly voices of the angels up in heaven.

And I thought my brothers were weird.

I give my ticket to the stewardess. She smiles at me and I force myself to smile back.

"Have a safe trip," she says as I entered the plane.

I search for the seat assigned for me, glad that it was next to a window.

Well, maybe this isn't a really bad day after all.

I grab my phone from my pocket and text my mom, to let her know that I'm on the plane already.

20 minutes pass and the plane is ready for take-off.