Chapter 5

Song/s:

Carried Away - Passion Pit

Anti-Lover - Satellite Stories

Let It Go - James Bay

Chapter 5

January 23

"You've met him before?"

Ellis grabs me by the shoulders, her eyes wide with panic and excitement. I give her a small sarcastic smile, groaning as she shakes me.

"Yes," I huff. "The week before school began. I met him at the resort we went to."

Instead of calming her down, my words seem to have Ellis grow in elation.

"How come you never told me?," she asks, her loud voice attracting students walking by us, as she lets me go. I move my shoulder blades, Ellis' hard grab really left its mark.

I slam my locker shut, my hands mindlessly fumbling with the straps of my backpack. I start walking, determined to walk away or change the subject. Ellis, however, has the speed of a cheetah. She catches up to me, not willing to take a hint that I didn't want to talk about it.

She grabs my wrist, her grip tight, trapping me, "Lilly, don't be an ass. Tell me."

I groan, "Because he's an asshole, that's why."

We weave around the crowded hallway, people fumbling with their tight schedules. I struggle to work my way around the crowd, but it was impossible. Ellis grabs my wrist and I jump, her grab making me slightly squeal.

"Introduce me," she tells me. "Please."

"No," I firmly say. "And it's not just because I'm shipping you with someone else. He's an asshole, El, trust me on that."

The clamor of the students in the hallway slowly calmed down, the ringing of the bell almost coming to time. El sighs as she looks at the almost-empty always, knowing that she'd have to go and leave the conversation about The Jerk.

"This is not over," El says, raising her eyebrows to emphasize her point. She turns around walking over to her next class.

I sigh, rubbing my temples as images from the dinner last night reappears in my mind. It was such a painful experience, getting to have to take a hold of myself not to stretch over the table to choke the life out of The Jerk. He sat right across from me, sneakingt in annoying winks and looks every now and then that it took all of me not to strangle him.

He left at ten in the evening, my parents taking up too much joy just talking to him. Me and Seth had to wash the dishes after that, so we practically slept at twelve, when we originally planned to sleep at six.
We couldn't complain, too scared of the possibility that Mom might unleash her inner beast if we did so. Mom unleashing her inner beast, in the middle of the night, won't land you any sleep, at all. And let's face it, lack of sleep is better than not having any sleep at all.

Life was lovely that way.

Entering World History, I practically slump into my seat. I lay my head on the table, my arms acting as a pillow. Even two minutes of sleep, even just a little, would be nice...

The bell rings. Just my luck.

I groggily lift my head up, students already filing in. I rub my forehead, trying to stay awake as much as possible. I couldn't miss a second of a discussion, French Revolution was a long series of severed heads and terror, and there were too many terms for me to miss. I have to take note of everything if I want to pass History.