She turned and waved and he did the same back, before shutting the door. Roan sighed and slung the bags into the boot. When she shut it, she jumped as someone stood next to her.

"Didn't think you would go without saying goodbye did you?" Will asked. She rolled her eyes and leaned against her boot.

"Bye, Will." She said.

"Stella told me to give you this." He said, holding up a diamond heart on a silver chain. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny either and it caught the light in the most perfect way.

"What's this for?" She asked.

"Luck and protection." He said putting it around her neck. He rubbed her shoulder afterwards and she turned around. He bent down and she quickly turned her head and he kissed her cheek. "Keep fighting." He said, going a little pink. She smiled and nodded before clambering into her car. She just sat there for minute shaking her head and then she looked one last time at the Hunters headquarters she had spent the last three months in. She started the engine and went up the drive. As always she got the gate open and she drove out, turning left and she moved just away from the end of the wall and waited. A couple of minutes passed and Drew jumped from the top of the wall and onto the road. He ran to the car and climbed in.

"Finally." He said. "Thought you would never stop snogging Will." He teased. She gave him a filthy look.

"I didn't want to snog him! And anyway I moved quick enough for him only to catch my cheek! Don't forget I'm saving your life her so be nice!" She snapped. Drew laughed and she started up the car once again before heading off to somewhere faraway.

She had been driving for a good few hours and carried on into the night. As she was driving through a small village, she could suddenly smell bottled souls and spirits. She followed the scent until she came just outside the village and what looked like a small pub was about two hundred meters away. She drove the car up to it and they went inside. At the bar was a big man, with a stubble moustache and a bald head. Along his arm was an anchor tattoo and a little hoop hung in his left ear. The bar was also full with men and women drinking what Roan recognised to be different sorts of spirits and souls. She made her way to the bar and she and Drew sat down.

"How old are you are what's ya names?" The barman asked, his blue eyes twinkling in the light.

"Both of us are seventeen, so yes we can buy from here seeing as you have to be sixteen to get in. I'm Roan and this is my cousin Drew. He's new at this." She added quietly.

"All right love we will get him something weak and what can I get you?" He asked.

"Just some weakness will do for me. I'm driving." She said holding up her key. The barman chuckled and got Roan her drink in a glass bottle and he watered down some weakness for Drew. He gulped it all down and asked for another. Roan smiled and slowly drunk what she had.

"So who are you then?" She asked.

"My name is Rupert and I have lived here my whole life. Grew up as a Breathing Spirit and wanted to help those that are thirsty." He said as he cleaned some glasses.

"That's kind of you. I also grew up into being a Breathing Spirit. My parents disappeared and we have run away from my aunt." She lied, trying to sound realistic. "Seeing as what has happened to poor Drew."

Rupert nodded.

"Don't blame you. Humans are strange things."

"Well I understand that now." Drew said as he put down his third glass.

"I'll put these on the house." Rupert winked.

"Thanks, appreciate it." Roan smiled. As Rupert went to get another drink for Drew, some young guys in biker outfits came strolling in. Roan turned and looked as the leader of the pack leaned across the bar. They couldn't have been older then eighteen.