Chapter 19

We pull up to a small quaint little log cabin. Smoke is floating out of the chimney and lights can be seen coming out of the windows.

Derek parks in front of the door and Travis parks beside us.

I stare at the log cabin, it looks like it could be part of a little red ridding hood set. Gramma's house, in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by aery trees.

We pile out of the vehicle.

"What is this place?" Travis asks me as he gets out of his drivers seat.

"Depends." I say heading for the door.

"On what?" He asks again following us.

"How good you've been," Eric says in a sly voice that could indicate a thousands things.

Travis doesn't say anything and Derek gives me a confused look. I shrug and open the door.

One Way can be many things, it all depends on who your are and what you need.

Inside the log cabin is one big room. In the middle is a wooden desk with a secretary behind it. Lining the wall are chairs and a few people waiting their turn.

"Seriously," I hear Travis whisper. "What is this place?"

I roll my eyes when I hear Preston's reply.

"It's Gramma's house."

I walk up to the desk and clear my throat getting the secretary's attention.

"How may I help you?" She asks in a high pitched voice, batting her purple eyes at Derek.

I want to rip out her blue hair from their roots, but I hold back. No need to make a commotion Yet.

"We're here to see Saxon." I reply in a certain tone.

"Saxon is busy at the moment." She replies quickly giving me a small glare as if I interrupted her.

"Ok, well I'll just call him then. To let him know I'm here and all." I say in an overly cheerful voice.

I reach over the desk and take the phone from her desk, it's a business phone. One with a cord attached to it, which means I have to lean over to bring it to my ear. I gladly do it, considering it pisses the secretary.

I dial Gayle's office number and wait from him to pick up.

"Hello?" He asks hesitantly as though he's never answered a phone before.

"Hey Gayle, Rose here. Your secretary wasn't letting me come down. Something about you being busy." I say smiling at her.

Her purple eyes widen in surprise.

"What?! That little nymph! Tell her to let you down, if she won't I'm calling back in two minutes." He hangs up angrily. The secretary takes this as a sign that he doesn't know me and doesn't wish to see me.

"I'm sorry miss, you'll have to sit down and wait your turn." She eyes Derek again making my roll my eyes.

"Do you really not know this guy?" Travis asks coming beside me.

"Look lady," I say with a sigh ignoring Travis. "Im Alpha Rosalie Talon. If you let me down now, you won't be getting a call in two minutes from an angry dwarf who'll want to fire you. Trust me, he's done it before, he won't care if you've got a family or no where else to go. So does us both a favor and send us down."

She opens and closes her mouth a few times. "I'm sorry alpha Rosalie, I can't let you down unless I'm told its ok."

I scoff, "That's a death wish when it comes to Gayle." I turn around and walk to the chairs.