Chapter 5

Hello Readers,

        Here it is Chaper 5!!!

         Yay go me!!!!

         Anyways this chapter is kind of borning but it is the set up for what is going to happen!!!

        Anyways I hope you like it!!!

         Vote, Comment, or Fan and let me know what you think!!!

       P.S. the song on the side does in fact have something to do with the story so you should play it!!! Its one of my favorites!!! Oh and if you see any spelling mistakes please let me know and I will fix them as soon as I can!!!

**************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 5

    (Joey’s P.O.V.)

     “Your Royal Highnesses,” Rick starts bowing while I have to curtise because of my stupid dress and because its proper for the guy to bow while the female has to curtise.

        Damn old traditions!

       “My name is Rick Cloud,” he introduces himself “And this is my senior officer and partner Isabel Green.”  he says waving to me

       Yup cool fake name right... a little girly for my taste but hey so long as these people don’t figure out who I am, I am completely cool with my girly name.

        “So... your ‘The Grim Reaper’ son?” The king asks sizing up Rick.

    I snort.

    “No your highness I am ‘The Grim Reaper’.” I state annoyed but in a very respectful tone because royals tend to get angry when you show attitude towards them.

    I mean come on how hard it is to believe that a girl can kill better than a guy!?

    “ As Rick as mentioned I am his senior officer meaning that I have been with the council longer than he has.” I state in a sweet voice  to cover my condescending tone of voice

    I near fall over laughing as the king turns several shades of red wether from embarrassment over getting Rick and I  confused or from my condescending tone I really don’t know.

    “Yes well...” He grits out before calming down when his wife who is glaring at me places a hand on the kings leg. “ What are your species?” the king finally asks

    “I am a demon your highness.” Rick says looking the king of the werewolves straight in the eyes

    The king nods his head and turns his attention to me “And you?” he asks as he discreetly sniffs the air.

    Yeah right buddy your not getting any scent off me besides the light perfume that I sprayed on me earlier.

    “I my lord am a werewolf.” I state clearly and loudly for all to hear while I look straight into the king of werewolves blazing blue eyes challenging him to try and make me back down.

    Startled whispers start at the mention of what I am but I just ignore them and keep up my discreet little staring contest with the king.

    There is no way in hell I would ever bow down to him.

    I bow down to no one.

    Apparently the king sees this because he looks away, a sign that I just made the werewolf king submit to me.

    Boyeah baby eat that mother fucker!!!

    When he looks back to me he has a curious expression on his face but I keep my face blank of any and all emotions and make sure that he can’t read my aura by putting a big fat metal block in front of it.

    Figuratively speaking of course.

    Standing up the werewolf king addresses the group that had gathered behind Rick and I.

    “I called all of you here to honor these two fine people in front of me,” He says waving to Rick and I  “for all they have done for not just our community but for all the supernatural communities.” He states now looking at Rick and I “You have brought peace that many would have thought would never happen.” he states happily “You have united many and protected many more and for that I will be forever in your debt.” he tells Rick and I “Now to honor these fine people lets eat, dance, and drink to them because they alone are the reason that nearly all the  ‘bad guys’ in the supernatural world are gone.” The king finishes this epically long and boring speech, I swear I have forgotten how much the king very much like the sound of his own voice.

    Oh great did he just give permission for everyone to drink.

    Great well don’t blame me when little kids end up drunk off their asses from beer and wine.

    Nodding our head at the king Rick and I excuse ourselves to go and mingle.

    Or more like I make  b-line to the refreshment table where the food and drinks are and Rick goes off in search of someone to seduce.

    Since Rick is a demon he has a higher sex drive than us werewolves... I swear the pervert seriously needs to find his soulmate so he will stop bothering poor innocent young girl that haven’t found their soul mates yet.

    But unlike most demons I respect the way Rick he treats girls.

    He lays out the rules before they do anything and all he really has one night stands because of our job not women want to wait around while their man goes and does dangerous things.

    And he always uses protection from what he had told me because 1) he doesn’t want to get the girl he is sleeping with accidentally pregnant and screw things up for her in the future and 2) he wants to make sure that he never gets an STD

    Yes even werewolves and demons are able to catch an STD, along with any other kind of sickness but its like once we catch the sickness our bodies will quickly make anti bodies that will combat the sickness as it builds up out immunity to said sickness and then we will no longer be able to catch the sickness.

    Its one of the many reasons that supernatural creature are able to live so much longer than humans.

    Well that reason and the little fact that we age so much slower but for that reason no one knows the cause and I just chalk it up to magic.

    I munch on a small cube of cheese and watch from the far corner of the room and Rick mingles and talks to everyone while his new little fan group is stalking him.

    I swear the boy has girls throwing themselves at him right and left and yet he isn’t arrogant and rude.

    That boy sometimes makes me wonder what is going on in his head.

    Suddenly the DJ plays Enrique Iglesias ‘Bailamous’

    Oh god I love this song!

    As if hearing my plea a young man about my age that is about 5’9”, sandy blonde hair, inhuman blue eyes walks over to me.

    My heart stutters in my chest, but I keep my face passive as I force myself to look over the crowd to find Rick.

    Ray Santiago.

    The kings youngest son and my ex bestfriend and best childhood friend stops in front of me.

    He is the one man that always tried to save me while I was living in my own personal hell.

    “Lets dance Bell.” he says in a deep voice.

    Huh his voice must have dropped since the last time I saw him, then again I wouldn’t doubt it he was always a handsome devil in appearance and he knew it.

    He just had the voice of a girl a teenage cheerleader girl with nasal problems kind of girl.

    I wonder what he is playing at?

    Eyeing his hand speciously like it is a ticking time bomb for a second before I reluctantly set aside my plate filled with food and taken his hand.

    He spins me into his side and whispers “Lets see what you got ‘Reaper’.” before he escorts me into the middle of a cleared out dance floor.

    Oh it is so on like donkey kong!

    Taking his hand again we start to dance.

    Our bodies in sync like old lovers.

    Which we aren’t but we are old dance partners. 

    That’s right I Joe Steel could actually dance ballroom and any other kind of dance.

    So lets see if Ray still got his moves because I sure as hell know I do.

**********************

    (Rick’s P.O.V.)

    Enrique Iglesias ‘Bailamous’  comes on and I am distracted from talking to this hot red head by people gasping

    Looking over I see Joe and some guy dancing.

    And not like slutty dancing but like professional ball room dancing.

    Damn I never knew she could do that much less move like that.

    I watch fascinated as Joe wraps her leg around the guys thigh before lifting her other one in the air and yet still remained covered.

    As the song comes to an end the guy dips Joe and she lets her head fall back as the guy with sandy blonde hair rests his head in the valley between Joe’s breasts.

    Damn that’s sexy.

    I feel a sudden burst of jealousy towards the guy who ever he is.

    But its not like the jealous boyfriend kind of jealousy now way in hell.

    I like Joe but she is more like my sister than anything else.

    She is my partner and my bestfriend not to mention my savior for breaking me out of the mold that my parents were trying to put me.

    I owe Joe a lot and for that I am like her big brother when it comes to guys chasing her even if she can take care of herself.

    She has proved that on many of occasions and missions.

    Hell she can even tolerate my mom ranting a raving at her and that in its self is not easy feat.

    But then again being a mother herself she has acquired lots of patience and tolerance.

    I swear I would love to just take one swing at the miserable mate of hers for hurting her.

    I mean I know lots of people of scared of her and she is a badass but deep down she is a giant softy.

    No one could raise as great of a kid as Sam if they were a cold hearted bitch.

    I think that being a cold hearted bitch and pushing people away or keeping them at arms length is just her way of making it so she can’t be hurt anymore.

    My jealousy at seeing this side of Joe though is more like bestfriend jealousy.

    I mean I knew the girl could move before because of her fighting style and everything but that was just insane.

    Hmmm I wonder what else she is hiding.

    I guess I will just have to get her piss drunk again and find out.

    Crule yes but it does work because on certain subjects like Joes mate for example she will can up on me.

     Anyways maybe I will aske her where she learned to dance first before I get her drunk.

      Yeah that's what I will do.

      And if worse come to worse I will get her drunk.

     I watch as Joe detaches herself from the guy and walks away without a backwards glance while the guy stays looking at her fleeting form with a look of sadness and longing.

      I sense some history going on here... I wonder what happened between those two?

      Oh well I guess I have another question to ask Joe tonight.