Chapter 1: Welcome Home

Taevie

Looking out the window at nothing in particular, all you see is open fields and trees. I feel this rush of childhood memories, I seem to forgot, coming back to me as we finally enter my hometown Bainbridge Georgia.

"Welcome back home lil cuh," a voice with a country slang blurted out snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked over at my older cousin Jay ; who was driving not taking his eyes off the road, with uncertainty not sure if I wanted to be welcome back. I was born here but raised in Atlanta. I left when I was four, now I'm nineteen about to turn twenty in a few months. The last time I came to visit was six years ago for my grandfather's funeral. All I could remember was after the funeral my mother gotten into this huge fight with the family, we left and never been back since. Even before then for some odd reason my mother tried to keep me away from this place and I never knew the reason why because she would never talk to me about it.

My older cousin looked at me and must've since my awkward vibe I was having because he spoke."Cuz you straight ,you gonna' be around family , you ain't gotta worry bout' nun', and as long as I'm around you going to be good regardless."

"Thank" I smiled knowing somebody was in my corner. I was walking in a situation blinded not knowing what to expect. My whole life was about to change and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it.

"You already know cuz you good, you good man. I promise you that," Jay said with his thick country accent. So far Jay was a pretty cool guy and it was nice of him to come pick me up from Atlanta and bring me back down here. I didn't really know him like that but remember him when I was younger. I knew he was a few years older than me, was my uncle Paul son and that was about it. He added me as a friend on facebook a few years back but we hardly ever communicated and I never seen him down my timeline until he hit me up the day after my mother past, which was just a few days ago.

Finally entering the city limits, coming from the country I began to see more houses. Some nice looking houses, but mostly old, raggedy ass abandon looking houses that been there for years and need to be fix up. Every thing look the same from when I last remembered. Not much of a change but like my mom used to say knowing Bainbridge being a small town ain't too much of shit going change about it, unless it's benefiting the white folks.

Coming up in town we, past this store called Zip n Trip. Not really knowing where we was headed as he bent a few corners, and I finally realized where we was at, on the east side by the project called the Bricks.

"You remember that spot." Jay pointed at this small Bbq joint that was across the street from the Project.

"Hell yea, Willie charles, that's the spot," I laughed remembering when I was little, me and my moms used to always come here to get some of their bomb ass chip dogs.

Bending a few more corners, passing different project we came to stop at this small little gas station on the corner called Niks.

'' I need to grab some blunts before we head to GG house, you need anything out of here," he asked

"Naw I'm iight" I mumbled

"You sure," he looked at me.

"Yea," I nodded my before he got out the car. Right when he was headed inside the store, he stopped in his tracks when a all white Chevy Camaro that was sitting on some all white custom 26 rims, pulled up in the parking lot bumping loud music.

It was this tall, fine, dark skin guy who hopped out the mero looking sharp as -ever. His car match his fly as he rocked all white from head to toe. His fit was simple but sexy on him. Very appealing to my eyes with his melanin poppin out in his white on white attire looking godlier than God himself.