Chapter 21: The Truth

Começar do início

He buckled his pants and kissed my forehead. There was a certain gentleness in his eyes when he looked at me. It was like I was the most precious thing in the world to him. I bowed my head and turned away from him, feeling uncomfortable under the weight of his stare. There wasn't anything special about me once you stripped my powers away. Even with them I wasn't one of a kind but Aleksander looked at me as if I was the rarest, most beautiful jewel in the world. When we first started dating I wondered if he only liked me because I saved his life. Then, when we spent more time together, I realized there was something deeper between us. It was just attraction but he actually cared about me. Having someone find you attractive is a nice feeling but having someone truly care about you was another feeling entirely.

When I fell for Cam, I thought he was perfect for me because we were so alike. We both came from estranged family situations and never really fit in with any particular crowd, it was so easy for us to get along. I guess, that's why it never would have worked out. With Cam everything just made sense but that's not love. Love is the strangest, most complex emotion on the planet and it makes people do some pretty crazy things- things that don't involve being sensible. Looking back on my life I realized that Cam and I were never meant to be together. We were close and I did love him but I was never in love with him.

It was different when I started to fall for Aleksander. I couldn't exactly pinpoint when it started, maybe it was the night at the Volkov castle or maybe it was Chernobyl when he saved me- or maybe it went all the way back to when we first met, as kids, in our own little dreamland. Some part of me, even when I was pissed at him, always knew that he was right for me.

Grabbing a random dress from the wardrobe, I fought with the countless straps and laces while trying to breathe properly. When I managed to put the dress on properly, I left the bathroom, took Aleksander's hand and teleported us to his room. Never before had I been in the boy's dorm. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't think it would look so similar to the girls' dorm. It took Alek a total of five minutes to pick out clean clothes and get dressed. I spent a good hour trying not to die in the process of getting clothed and it only took him five minutes!

I sniffed, turning my nose up as he left the washroom. One again, he looked just fine. I don't know how he did it but he made heeled boots and britches look hot.

"Should I change?" He asked awkwardly, noticing the look I gave him.

"Oh no," I huffed, "I'm sure you'll look perfect in that too."

Alek's shoulders shook with laughter, "Cadde, perfect does not exist."

"You should tell your face that, it didn't get the memo."

His lips twitched into a smirk. Intertwining our fingers, he pulled me closer so we were touching chest to chest. "Why are you smiling," I asked.

"Because," he released one of my hand's and bopped me on the nose, "You're cute."

I scoffed. "Cute? You think I'm cute? I am the Dark Witch. I'm scary."

At that point, Aleksander looked like he was about to burst out laughing. Nothing I said was even funny. Calling me cute was like calling the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons calm. Biting his lip, Aleksander swallowed his laugh and sobered up. I cocked my brow, wondering what was up with the sudden mood change.

"You're right, you're the Dark Witch and speaking of Dark Witches, we really need to talk."

Guiding me over to one of the twin sized beds, I assumed it was his, Alek gestured for me to take a seat. I complied, hesitantly, wondering why he looked so nervous. Alek paced in front of me, scratching the back of his head. It was clear he had something to say from the way he had his lips pursed but he didn't know how to phrase.

"Just spit it out," I snapped. His nerves were beginning to affect me.

"Do you know who Imogen Moyer is?" Alek asked.

"No. Should I?"

"Yes you should," he ran a hand through his tousled locks, "She's your ancestor but not like Roberto, she's your direct ancestor. You're Great Grandmother, in fact."

"I thought Roberto was my direct-" Alek cut me off.

"No, he's your Great-Great Uncle and right now he supposed to be legally dead. Yesterday, he was supposed to be bitten by a vampire and then disappear off of the face of the earth. Everyone is supposed to think he is dead and they're supposed to think his half sister has his powers. But she doesn't, it skips a generation and goes to her daughter- Imogen Moyer. But Roberto didn't get bit yesterday, he's still here which means Imogen won't get his powers and that could mean you might never come to exist."

"What!" I jumped to my feet. "Why didn't I know this before? I didn't mean to save him, it was just a knee-jerk reaction."

"Relax Caddie," Aleksander wrapped his arms around me. He tried to calm me down the old fashion way but my brain just couldn't handle it. Using his powers, Aleksander forced my brain to swallow the news. I skipped right past denial in the five stages of grief and went straight to anger.

"What do we have to do? How can I make this right? I'm not going to die, not from my own doing."

"It shouldn't be too hard," Alek cradled my face between his hands. "We just need to find a vampire, get it to bite Roberto. Make sure Elizabeth gets pregnant with Imogen and then destroy all the Dark Ones. All while making sure none of us die in process."

I groaned and dropped my head against his chest. "This is crazy."

Alek grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. His blue eyes shined with admiration as he stared down at me. The signature smirk was back on his lips.

"Says the girl who rescued me from an underground tunnel, infested with psychotic witches. You rode a dragon like it was a horse and waltzed right inside of a Vampire gang's lair with no inhibitions. Not to mention, you saved the world at the age of sixteen. All of that was crazy but you still did it and you can do it again. I know it."

Hearing it out loud, I did sound pretty crazy but this time it was different. This time, I was facing an opponent more dangerous than me. Roberto and I had the same powers but he had much more experience. If it came down to a fight, he would win. However, I knew that didn't mean I shouldn't try. Like Jaxon said, if I succeeded everyone who was ever killed by the Dark Ones would get a chance at life again. That meant Cam and Dmitri could get a chance at a real life. I needed that, I realized. Before I could get my happy ending, I needed to right all of my wrongs and do something a little crazy.

**So Caddie finally knows the truth but she's got a long way to go before she gets her happy ending. I hope you guys keep reading because I definitely have a few more surprises up my sleeve before the final book in the Nox Haven series is over. I've started the first few chapters of the Celestial Sisters series, I'm hoping to have the first book half way finished by the time the Dark Warlock is over. The two series will merge a lot. In fact, in the upcoming chapters we will meet one of the main characters of the Celestial Books. They've mentioned her before, but we haven't met her yet. In the upcoming chapters it'll also be relieved how Alix is connected to the new book series. Maybe that's where she'll finally get happy ending? Idk, I hope you guys check it out when I release it on wattpad.

Thank you for all of your love and support,
XOXO,
Ro.**