37.5

Melanie Stephen

People started to definitely show up a little after five and I must say, there were people who I didn't even expect to come. I was seated in a chair rubbing my belly when my phone buzzed.

Jayceon: why you look so pretty right now? You glowin frfr. 😏😉

I smiled and looked up to him and he winked as he engaged in a friendly conversation with my brother surprisingly.

You're such a flirt, my feet are killing me right now 😩. I'm gonna go upstairs to change into my slides.

I locked my phone and started to walk up to the room when there was another knock on the door. When I opened it I swear I just seen red. What is she doing here at my baby shower? I didn't even invite her!

"Hi Melanie I just wanted to drop off a gift. Miles was telling me about the baby shower and I just wanted to bring this to you guys." She smiled and handed over a pink bag filled with pink and white tissue paper.

"What are you doing here? I didn't invite you and I damn sure didn't give him permission to give you an invite."

"Well I just thought it would be nice if I-"

"Hey Erika what are you doing here?" Miles asked nervously. He was sweating bullets definitely and I know when he's up to something.

"Remember you text me and told me about the baby shower...I'll just go if you want me to."

"No no come in you're...already here..."

I looked over to him and just...looked 😒. I mean I was shocked that he invited her and then you let her in after you just cried like a big ass baby about wanting me back? What type of shit is this?

"You know what y'all not gone fuck up my day today alright so both of y'all can kiss my fat ass. I'm so sick of this. I told you I didn't want her near us, but she's here at our home?" I yelled drawing a couple of stares and causing the room to grow silent.

"Melanie why are you making a scene?"

"Making a scene? This is making a fucking scene!"

"I think I'll just go." She mumbled and started to turn, but I grabbed her by the arm.

"No no no. You stay. Eat. Drink. Go fuck him for all I care I don't want you anymore you dirty ass dog." I spat and walked away. My mom & dad, Magic, Jules, and Jayceon were looking at me as I re-entered the living room.

"Baby you okay?" My mom asked as she came over to comfort me.

"No mama I'm not okay." I said as my voice started to croak. I was hurt, more than hurt I think I was torn. He's such a liar why would he hurt me again?

"I think I know what's up and I'm about to go handle it." Jules said as she made direct eye contact with Erika. She ran over to the both of them and started to charge her, but failed when Michael grabbed her by the waist.

"No that bitch is a homewrecker! She's fucking him and thinks she's slick I want her!" Jules kicked and screamed as she was dragged away from the group. Everyone looked around in confusion and my cheeks turned red in embarrassment. My first baby shower and it ends up like this.