Chapter Two: The First Night

Atsushi tossed and turned in his bed. He could never sleep in an unfamiliar place on the first night. He didn't understand why, but he simply couldn't fall asleep. The sheets grew too hot, so he took them off of his body. The air then grew too cold and he started to shiver. He put the sheets back over his body, but then the cycle repeated. Atsushi groaned quietly in anger. How could he get any sleep?

After some time, Atsushi began to think. If I cannot sleep alone in an unfamiliar area, how about with someone else? Atsushi's face ran red as he imagined sleeping in En's bed. Would he be OK with it? Will he be uncomfortable? What if he said no? Atsushi's mind raced. He knew he couldn't fall asleep in this bed, yet he didn't want to wake En. Then he got an idea. What if I just sneak in his bed? That way, I'll be able to explain in the morning when we are alone. It wasn't the best idea, but it just might work. Atsushi slipped on a loose, button-down shirt and carefully opened his door.

As he entered the hallway, cold air surrounded Atsushi, making him shiver. There's no going back, he repeated to himself. He didn't have to walk far, as En's room was right next to his own. Luckily, En always kept his bedroom door open. Atsushi slowly walked to the right side of En's bed. He couldn't help but smile as he saw En sprawled out on his bed. He looked so comfortable. How lucky he was.

"Atsushi?" En's voice sounded. It was covered in a layer of sleep. Atsushi jumped. He was awake?!?

"En-chan, I was just unable to sleep and-" Atsushi tried to explain, but En cut him short with a grumble.

"You talk too much. Just get in if you can't sleep." En said to him. How is he so calm? Is he even awake? Atsushi's mind was racing, too fast to realize his cheeks were turning strawberry red. He carefully slipped under the sheets of the bed, and was taken aback by how comfortable it was. Atushi gave a sigh of comfort. The sheets were just the perfect temperature; it wasn't too hot or too cold. He turned to face En, and smiled as he saw him sleeping softly. Atsushi couldn't possibly know it at the time, but En was quite content that he had visited him. You see, he couldn't sleep himself.