Chapter One: The Arrival

"It'll be a field trip for love! You'll connect with nature and love your Earth!" Wombat had said before they left. As the boys gathered to leave, En noticed that Wombat wasn't moving. 

"Aren't you coming?" He asked Wombat.

"Oh, no!" Wombat laughed. "This is your field trip. I won't be attending it."

"What?!" Yumoto gasped incredulously at Wombat. He couldn't imagine not cuddling the creature every morning and afternoon. "But our cuddles..." He trailed off.

"Oh, you'll find another creature to cuddle!" Wombat said rather happily. "Just think of me when you cuddle it!" He smiled as Yumoto sighed.

"Well, let's be off." Atsushi said to the group, then waved a goodbye to Wombat. The rest of the group did the same, but Yumoto gave a great big hug to their mentor. Soon, they boarded the train to get to the trail that led to the campsite.

~~~

"Are you sure this is the right path?" Ryuu asked, tapping his phone. "There's no signal at all here."

"We're walking to a campsite! Of course there will be no signal!" Atsushi sighed to Ryuu. Despite the lack of service in the woods, Io and Ryuu were still trying to use their devices. En, on the other hand, was enjoying the view of the dense trees. He made no effort to talk, just as he always had done in the club room. Atsushi couldn't blame him for taking in the woods instead of talking. It was beautiful. The emerald green trees reached for the sun, casting everything in the forest a peridot hue. He took in a deep breath, and his lungs were filled with forest air. It was so calming to Atsushi. He smiled, and continued to walk along the path. Soon, they had arrived at the campsite.

The campsite was an old, birch cabin. Next to the cabin was a shower house covered in small, blue tiles. Inside the cabin was a medium-sized living room. Two chocolate brown couches laid atop a slightly lighter brown carpet, and in the middle of the couches was a glass table. Connected to the living room was a small kitchen that was just big enough to fit a chef's needs. Hallways behind the living room lead to the bedrooms, and each hallway held five rooms. Small paintings of trees or leaves dotted the cream-colored walls of the cabin. 

"I like this place!" Yumoto said excitedly as he ran into the living room. He plopped himself down onto one of the couches and sighed of relief. "I was dying to sit down!"

"Classic Yumoto." Ryuu stated as he walked over to the right hallway.

"So, En, how do you like it?" Atsushi asked him. He wanted En to be happy during the field trip. He seemed more quiet them usual, but then again, Atsushi could just be overthinking things again.

"It's nice. Warm too." En yawned. "I'm gonna go pick a room." He said as he walked over to the right hallway. Atsushi followed him into the hallway. He wanted to pick the room next to En's for some reason he couldn't put his finger on. En chose his room, and Atsushi did the same. 

"I'm hungry!" Yumoto grumbled whilst he was lying upside-down on the couch.

"I'll make something." Atsushi said as he walked into the kitchen. He used some of the ingredients left in the cabin to make something warm for the boys. Eventually, he was able to make a warm stew.

"This is delicious!" Yumoto bouncily said as he ate very quickly. The boys were all seated together around the glass table in the main room. Once they had all eaten their fill, the moon had already begun its climb above the treetops. En yawned, and slowly rose from the table.

"I'm tired. Goodnight guys." En said, sleepiness easing its way into his tone.

"I'm gonna call it a night too. 'Night." Io said as he got up and followed En. Ryuu followed, and so did Yumoto. Atsushi cleaned up the kitchen a little bit, then walked into his room to sleep.

As Atsushi laid under the covers, he smiled. Things were going well, and by the looks of it, this would be a fun and well-deserved break from things.