Chapter 41

AVA'S POV:

Wow. Being awoken to someone shoving an IV in my arm is annoying. 

My eyes opened faster that you can say taco when I felt the needle of the IV being re-positioned in my arm. I glared at the doctor who hadn't even noticed I was awake. 

"Get the hell away from me!" I shout at him. Unsure of what the hell was going on. My voice was raspy and my throat begged for water. I was rather parched. 

"Ma'am you need to stay calm" The doctor says, stepping away from me slightly. His eyes widen when he eventually notices my death glare. He busies himself by getting me a glass of water from the sink in the corner.

 I look around the very white room. Shit. My eyes. It's so fricken bright in here what the hell?!

"Dim the lights in here, before I blind you" I order the doctor, who hastily hands me water with 2 pills and walks towards the light switch; flipping it off. 

"What is this?" I ask, pointing towards the pills. 

"Panadol ma'am for the pain" The doctor says, stepping out of the room quickly. 

Useless. I begin to get up after gulping down the pills and water, but regret it immediately as my stomach begins throbbing in pain. 

I lift up my bed sheets and notice the large gauze wrapped over my stomach. 

What the hell?

I lift up my other arm and suddenly feel the weight of 200 birds sitting on my arm. Okay that was very dramatic but this cast is seriously heavy. Did the doctor put bricks in it? 

The cast runs right up my arm. From my wrist all the way to just below the shoulder. 

My eyes widen? What happened? 

I have flashes of images. Helicopters? Dynamite and mattresses? Phone booths? Caleb?

I am interrupted of my thoughts as the door swings open and in stumbles Tommy, Sam, Finn and Caleb. 

Caleb? What is he doing here? 

"We came as soon as we heard!" Tommy shouts, catching his breath as the doctor also dawdles in. 

This room is huge I realize. 

"Heard what?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"That you had woken up" Sam says in a duh tone. 

"How long have I been out?" I ask to no one in particular. 

"2 years" Sam says and my eyes widen. 

"What?!" 

They all start chuckling. 

"I'm kidding Ava. It's been like a day or something" Sam says, making my shocked expression turn into one of annoyance. 

"Ha, ha very funny tease the girl that almost died" I reply coldly, making everyone go dead silent. 

I chuckle. So easy to tease. 

"Ava I'm so happy you are okay" Finn rushes towards me. Wrapping his arms around my neck. 

"Hey little bro" I reply into the hug. 

"Do you remember what happened?" Caleb asks and I suddenly realize that he is actually here. 

"Parts of it. I remember going on a suicide mission to save your sorry little ass. Then its all just short glimpses of images" I explain.