Chapter Two

Author's note at the end, and please enjoy this chapter.

-

They talked for hours afterwards, learning new things about each other's world. Credence took her uptown to a little part of the city that was much quieter than the usual busy streets. They sat on a bench and talked, Persephone eager to learn about the No-Maj's she was told to stay away from.
"So what's life like as a No-Maj?" she asked curiously, brushing a few stray pieces of hair that blew in front of her face.
Credence frowned and turned to her, "What's a 'No-Maj'?"
Persephone paused and let out a small and warm-hearted laugh, "It's what we call the non-magic folk."
He nodded and smiled slightly, "Well, it's pretty boring compared to you wizards," he said in a low soft voice.
She smiled and shook her head, "It's rather dramatic. You lot don't have things we have."
Credence looked down at his pamphlets and sighed, "But people hate you, I don't know why though."
Persephone looked down at the insulting papers and grabbed them, pulling out her wand.
"No, wait, I have to pass them out," Credence said, panic written on his face.
She just smiled and shook her head as she pointed her wand at the pamphlets, "Incendio."
The papers burned up and fell to the ground, creating a pile of ash and false rumors about wizards that deeply insulted her pride.
Credence watched in silent awe and happiness. It had been the first time he had seen true magic and it amazed him to think that he could be capable of these things. After all, he was his ma's least favorite because his parents were wizards.
-
When Persephone got home, it was obvious her sisters would find out her little secret. She hadn't learned Occulmency well enough to block her sister out so she just had to deal with the consequences and hope that they'll be by her side.
Queenie smiled as she watched her little sister walk in their little apartment but it dropped as soon as Persephone's thoughts filled her mind.
"Oh Peony," she said and stopped what she was doing to look over at her.
Persephone hung her head and stared at the floor, "I'm sorry."
Tina frowned as she heard the exchange, "What's wrong?"
Queenie looked at Tina and then looked at Peony, "Tell her Peony," she whispered softly.
Persephone sat down on their little couch, "I-I talked to the No-Maj you told me about," she said, refusing to look up at her eldest sister.
Her face lit up and smiled, "That's great, what did you find out?" she asked.
"Erm, that's not the only thing..." Persephone looked up at her sister's brown eyes. 
She breathed in deeply and said it, "I told a No-Maj that I was a witch," she said nervously.
Tina looked at her with wide eyes, horrible thoughts running through her head. It was her job to take in people that told No-Maj's about their kind. But she couldn't do that to her sister.
"He guessed. And if I hadn't told him, he probably wouldn't have trusted me," she tried to explain.
Tina got up from her couch and placed her face in her hands, "What am I supposed to do, Peony?"
Persephone sighed and stood up, following her sister; "I can't just obliviate him!"
"Why not?" her sister asked and turned to face him, her eyes calculating and hard.
"Because I-I like him," she said and smiled, "he's my first real friend."
The two sisters paused, Tina staring down at her youngest sister with slight disappointment and Queenie staring at her with slight longing.
Tina walked up to her sister, "We'll talk about this tomorrow," she paused, "I'm just disappointed." Tina glanced at her sister and then walked into her bedroom. Queenie finished washing the dishes, with magic of course, and sat next to her younger sister, "I understand," she said softly and smiled.
"Thanks Queenie," Persephone said and thought about Credence and the fact that she could see him tomorrow.
Queenie smiled as well and hugged her sister before retiring to her bedroom. Persephone did the same and dreamed about her mysterious No-Maj. His mysterious presence and his dark eyes. She knew he was hiding things and it only encouraged her more. Who knew what plans fate had for her.

-

So I'm very surprised people are actually reading this and enjoying. I'm really excited to take this places and if you have any suggestions, please don't be afraid to comment. I'm really new to this but I'm open to creative criticism! Much love, The Small Teaspoon.