five

for coldstarlight  for spreading good vibes and not liking capital letters.  

From: mila.dawn@gmail.com
To: el.mas707@gmail.com
Subject: unsent

we're like the tide

and the moon,

you and i.

i. you make me want to reach for the stars, the breeze thunders with me, and i watch you dance inside my heart, though you are clouded by ripples. i feel your light caressing me from afar but i'm never close enough, never bright enough, never good enough despite the hushed hymns you whisper to me.

ii. i reach out for you with flailing hands, roaring in the silence of the calm night as you sing to me promises and i see you in my heart, glowing bright, and it doesn't matter how hard i stretch, you are always too far, too cold, too distant, too beautiful, too significant.

iii. i wish upon a falling star that flies down the sky, falling down, down, down like scarlet leaves in autumn and hope that someday we might meet too but i find it drowning inside me so i wonder, oh i wonder if you see me as a vast void of infinite darkness that engulfs the cosmos and the pretty stars inside; like a black hole that claws its way out from a dying star.

iv. in the day when i shimmer and paint myself the way the sun does when it sets, i wish for you to see me bathing in this light as the dusk comes near with fire marring my cheeks and reds and pinks and oranges lighting me up, the wind humming with staccato bursts of electricity.

v. but, darling, don't you know? can't you see? i'm hoping, waiting, thundering to fight for you so at night, when there's no light, know that i'll make the tide rise high enough and climb the steps to the lonely, dark place where you shine bright. and i'll stay. i'll stay.

Draft saved.

21 April 2016

  ❆❆❆❆❆ 

oh my gawd i love seafret so, so, so much you have to listen to this song.