37.

*Day Of Baby Shower*

Melanie Stephen

"Get up Mel, we have to leave." Jay said as he shook my shoulder. I ended up going back to my loft with him and I told him about what happened. He also thinks that I might be over exaggerating and I should just talk to Miles, but I don't wanna say anything to him today unless it has something to do with the baby shower.

I groaned as I sat up looking around my room cluelessly. My eyes met his as he sat on the edge of the bed turned slightly away from me.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed my forehead. I had a slight headache, but hopefully it'll go away by the time I fully wake up.

"Its 9:36 get on up."

I rolled my eyes and placed my feet on the plush white rug before standing up and stretching. I rubbed on my very pregnant belly feeling Nari move a little bit.

"Oh and ya phone kept blowing up too!" He yelled as I entered the bathroom.

"Alright I'll check it." I mumbled. I already knew it was Miles calling and texting me and I'll see him at the baby shower, so it's not that serious.

I finished using the bathroom and went straight to wash my face & brushed my teeth and flossing afterwards. I looked into the mirror to see my eyes a little puffy maybe from when I was bawling my eyes out last night.

"Mmm mmm mmm..." I reached for some cream to put on my eyes to reduce the swelling. I won't let people see how unhappy I really am today, not even Miles.

I left out the bathroom and went into my drawer to find a bra and matching panties to put on. I was thinking about wearing a black bodycon dress, a striped sweater, and maybe ballerina flats.

"I'm gonna go shower I'll be out in twenty."

"Okay take all the time you need baby." He smirked. I let a small smile form on my face and went into the bathroom.

I turned on the water and waited until it got a little bit hotter before slipping my clothes off and stepping inside. It felt so good to feel the water run down my body and in my hair. I closed my eyes, feeling my mind race about all the things that's been going on with me.

Ava's condition is only deteriorating and they don't know what to do. Chase's behavior is only getting worse at school and at home and the only thing I can think of that might help him is some kind of therapy. He looks at me as his mother figure so I never have any problems with him, but it's always something with him and Miles.

And then this situation pops up and I had this feeling that it would happen soon because I knew he wouldn't stop once he'd seen her and brung me into that meeting the first time I met her.

After another twenty minutes of showering and tear shedding, I stepped out and dried off and walked into my room.

"So you just gone walk in here in dat?" Jay asked.

"It's not like you've never seen me naked before." I said as I grabbed my cocoa butter and walked back into the bathroom. I took a seat on the back of the toilet and started to lotion up and put on my bra and panties. Afterwards I started to work on my hair and decided I'd leave it in my natural curly state and then add some makeup to finish it off. I decided on something very natural so maybe a nude lipstick and eyeliner and mascara since I have flawless skin as it is.