The Gala Dinner

From the side of my eyes I could see Harris gazing at me. I had an attack of collywobbles whilst my heart skipped a beat. I looked at him, he quickly turned his head away. He looked different today, in a good way of course. He looked more.. hot?

Harris wore a white shirt covered with a red blazer that he left open and black skinny jeans which had ripped patches on. He wore a black bandana that couldn't really be seen since his hair covered it. To top it off he had a pair of shades on.

Naz wore a black a shirt, black trousers and a white blazer. Adam wore a peach shirt under his beige suit. He had a white bandana on to prevent his pink hair from falling onto his face. Both of them wore shades too. Silento wore a black suit on top of a white shirt.

Harris' pov:

"Adam Saleh and Anaya Tawfeeq?" A man in a long white thobe approached us with a huge smile printed on his face.

"Yeah?" They both replied in unison.

"Attabaeani" he said to all of us and we did as we were told.
Follow me.

"Hadhih hi tawilatuk" he told us, pointing at the table.
This is your table.

"Shukraan" Adam and Anaya said in unison again.
Thank you.

"Jinx!" Adam screamed which made a few people stare and laugh.

As we all sat down, three girls were on stage performing. I didn't know who they were but their voices were amazing, not as amazing as Anaya's though. Once they had finished a few other people did their performances before they gave out the awards.

"No way!" Anaya burst out with laughter.

"I had the exact same reaction" Silento replied, also laughing too.

"What's so funny?" I asked them, feeling a little left out.

"Nothing."

"No go on, tell me" I responded firmly and raised an eyebrow unconsciously.

A man who was stood on stage and tried to get everyone's attention interrupted the conversation. He started talking about some random stuff - I wasn't really listening.

Adam's pov:

"This next recipient is playing in bridging cultures and boundaries between the west and the Middle East and also teaching people in US and the west to teach Arabic so Jacob this Special Ambassador award goes to Adam Saleh."
Not to boast but from the start we all knew he was talking about me.

I hugged Naz, Harris, Silento, Anaya and Rumejsa after they congratulated me and walked towards to the stage with my pink head held high. It was the first award I've ever won. The second I laid my eyes on the award, shivers ran through my body and I could feel the goosebumps starting to form on my skin. I was hoping they would allow me to give a speech but unfortunately they didn't.

"The next award is for a young British-Arab female who successfully grew herself on social media platforms influencing both, Western Asia and Northwestern Europe. So this best female entertainer award goes to Anaya Tawfeeq!" The host declared.

"That's you! Congrats!" Harris yelled and embraced her warmly. Aw aren't those two so cute.

She ran onto the stage to receive her award, the excitement clearly showed on her face. I congratulated her and she said the same back since we both won an award!