Home time

Travelling home with Joven was a big mistake. Me and sohinki in the back and Joven and Lasercorn in the front. The ride was bumpy and we went the wrong way about a million times. When we eventually reached Sohinki's house, we'd been in the car for 45mins on what was supposed to be a 10 minute drive. I didn't want to be in that car for a second longer, so I said I'd just walk the rest of the way.

I stumbled down the street with Matt, who was occasionaly helping me to walk as I hadn't quite got the hang of the crutches that I had been given yet. 

"Hey, wanna stay at mine tonight? I don't want you to have to go all the way home like this," Sohinki offered.

"Oh, yeah! Thanks!" I said. I probably wouldn't have been able to walk all the way home anyway. For some reason, my mind began wandering to my house. Nothing ever happened there - I hadn't had a boyfriend all year, but was quite happily single. Peter had gone to Aisa for a few years with his job, and we'd both decided to split. This was late 2016, so it was still early days. I missed him, but work had definitely helped to take my mind off it. I hadn't decorated since Peter left, so it had been the same for years. I was bored of it, but I couldn't do it alone, it was quite a big job, and knew I needed help. I always said,"I'll do it next week,"  but never did.

"Mari..?"

"What?" It sounded like he had been repeating my name for a while.

"I was asking if you wanted to sit down..." He repeated, while gesturing to a bench.

"Oh, yeah," I said, sitting down. I put my crutches down on the floor, appreciating the relief from my tired hands. Sohinki's house was only down the road, but I needed a rest. 

"Your hands are so red, do they hurt?" he asked touching my hand. I don't know what came over me, but my heart fluttered and I felt nervous and hot. I wanted to kiss him, but why? I'd known him for years and I'd never felt this way before. I was probably just on medications from the hosptal. I ignored how I felt and replied with, "Oh, yeah, a bit,"

"We should probably get going,"

"Yeah,"

Hi! sorry this is a bit late, but i've been really busy this week. hope you enjoyed! Thx for reading! :-)