Second Encounter

Everyone in the car was nervous. You could tell by the way Tony spouted out movies that Gibbs's driving reminded him of. The three cars full of agents behind them, their backup, were struggling to keep up: torn between breaking laws or getting on Gibbs's bad side.

"You know boss, maybe I could drive next time, and this would be less like a James Bond movie and more like a Nicholas cage flic... You know, that movie where no one dies?" Tony jokes. McGee laughs as Tony gets a head slap. "I don't know why you're laughing McNerd, the adorable sidekick always dies!" Tony huffed and remained silent for the rest of the car ride. They arrived far ahead of the ME van, but the other agents were right behind them, stumbling out of he cars looking green at the gills.

"You know Jethro," said Ducky as he pulled up five minutes after Gibbs, "There are traffic laws in place for a reason." Gibbs smirked as he surveyed the area: they were 5 blocks from the house, and the place looked like a ghost town, closed stores, no people, no cars... The building itself was practically an apartment complex! The perfect place to commit crimes. He motioned for his team to follow him and for Ducky to wait there. Splitting up, Tony and Gibbs took the back entrance, McGee and three agents took the front, two agents watched the perimeter, and the other four teams took various side doors. All conversations ceased as the agents tensed in anticipation.

"go." stated Gibbs cooly. Cries of "NCIS! Hands in the air!" rang out, gunshots were fired, and the special agents barged in. Right off the bat, two unarmed men ran into Gibbs and Tony, cursing in Arabic as they were promptly disarmed and handcuffed.

"Stay." chuckled Tony sarcastically as he handcuffed his man to a door. They followed a passageway deeper into te building, the sounds of gunfire and yelling faded into the distance.

"The blueprint didn't show a basement, boss" noted Tony, as they peered down a set of stairs. "If they didn't want anyone to know what's down here..."

"All the more reason for us to go DiNozzo." they cautiously decended the stairs, guns and flashlights outstretched infront of them. "shhhhh" breathed Gibbs, holding up a hand and pausing. Tony cocked his head and listened. Muted thumps and yelling was coming from behind the door at the bottom of the stairs.

Pausing at the side of the door, DiNozzo looked at Gibbs for the nod before kicking down the door.

"NCIS hands in the air!" bellowed Tony an Gibbs. The sight in the room was almost too much to take in.

"Sweet jesus-" muttered Tony, taking in the blood, various knives, hammers, and god know what else, and the slumped figure bound to the beam of the ceiling. The woman was clad in ill-fitting cargo pants and a bloody T-shirt, and her face was plastered with bruises and blood from a cut on her forehead, a split lip, and a broken nose. It was apparent that she was keeping her hanging weight off of her left arm. Most notable, was the man behind her, holding a knife to her throat.