"I'd really rather these last two days not include you lying and manipulating me." Nyra said, knuckles turning white as she clenched her fists.

"I'm not lying to you." Sebastian said, smirking at the witch's back.

"How do I know that?" Nyra asked.

He didn't answer and she was about to walk away when she heard a hiss. It didn't come from the demon, she knew that. It sounded more like a sizzle, and she could smell something burning. Nyra turned and her eyes went as wide as dinner plates. Sebastian had a crucifix clasped in his hand. It was clearly burning his hand and some steam had begun to rise from it.

"What are you doing!?" Nyra said, reaching to take it away from him but he held out his free hand to stop her.

"I'm proving to you that I'm not lying." Sebastian said with a smirk, though his eyebrow twitched, no doubt due to the pain. "Holy objects have interesting affects on demons. Now you will know that everything I'm about to say is the truth."

Nyra still looked like she wanted to take the crucifix away from him but she didn't. She was looking at Sebastian, perhaps a bit apprehensive. If he was going to be honest, that meant he wasn't going to sugar coat his words and due to the crucifix everything he would say was going to be one hundred percent true. The demon wasn't going to waste his time and instead get right to the point. He was obviously very determined to get her to believe him if he was willing to hold a holy object for an extended amount of time.

"As odd as I find it, I do care for you. I detest it when you get upset, especially with me. I enjoy arguing with you because then I receive your attention. For reasons I can't begin to fathom, I enjoy it when you don't do everything I say or when you pull away from our games. Perhaps it's because that makes you unique from all of the others. It makes the chase so much more interesting." Sebastian's knuckles were beginning to turn white around the crucifix as he clenched it harder. It burned his hand more and the plume of smoke that rose from his hand got bigger.

Nyra was surprised that it didn't break under his strength. Was it because it was holy that Sebastian couldn't break it? Regardless, she was amazed by everything he said. True it wasn't nearly as flowery as other confessions and he had said the same words before but the crucifix and his burning hand made everything seem real. He was telling the truth. He cared about her. Nyra's heart was beating faster, but in a good way.

All she could think was 'he actually cares!' He wasn't lying. Something that she had only fantasized about was actually happening. He cared. He wasn't using her, he actually held genuine affection for her. She must've been high on pure joy because in order to make him shut up, she leaned up and kissed him.

It had the desired effect. The demon didn't hesitate in kissing her back either. As Nyra poured all of her happiness into said kiss, she gently removed the crucifix from Sebastian's hand. He let her take it as it seemed he finally got what he wanted. The witch tossed the crucifix over hr shoulder and it landed in the ocean. A few more moments passed before Nyra pulled back and turned her attention to his hand. The witch raised a glowing green hand and Sebastian offered her his burned flesh. It was a pretty bad second degree burn, nearly third degree.

She gently ran her hand over the red, swollen and blistering flesh. Her magic soothed the pain and eventually all injuries were gone. Nyra smiled gently up at him and kissed his cheek before whispering,

"Do you need anything else?" She asked. There was a particular tone in her voice that made Sebastian smirk.

"I recall you turning down my request for a song a few days ago." He said.

Nyra smirked before she started tapping her chin, thinking of what song she should sing.

"Come on, come on
Ohh, whow"