Together Forever

Siddharth's POV

The next day we decided to meet Nidhi in the hospital. It was quite early in the morning when we reached there, Nidhi was already with Ann, sitting on the chair beside her bed, her back facing us. She had the same blue orchids in her hands.

"Why don't you all come in!" She said startling us with her sweet childish voice while her back was still facing us, gesturing us to walk in. Both Anirudh and Ashis looked quite pale and horrified. But I was not afraid of her neither was Pamela. We were determined to find out what was going on.

The bright and tranquil morning rays entered through the large glass windows of the hospital cabin. She looked like a sovereign of peace in the mellow sunrays. Her soft hair flew gently with the cool breeze. She looked at us with a pleasing smile on her plump pink lips. We walked in, a little nervous yet with courage, and sat on the chairs beside her. 

"So you all read my diary!" She said looking at us satisfied. Although she sounded silvery and soft, yet there was an unsettling coldness in her voice that gave us goosebumps. 

"Yeah, we did!" I replied, my voice a little tensed. Even though she was smiling, yet her eyes became watery. 

"Please help us then! Only then you can finally save them!" She said while getting up from her chair, her voice trembling a bit. We all exchanged agitated looks and turned at her in confusion. Ashis and Anirudh were already sweating out of fear and apprehension.

"How can we help you? Who are 'them'? How can we save 'them'?" Pam asked her, her voice choked a bit, yet she tried to be as courageous as possible. 

"You will find out! Just follow your instincts!" She replied smiling while there were tears in her eyes.

We looked at her in confusion, she stood by the windows, the sun rays behind her, enlightened her. She looked at us, her bright green eyes trembled with pain as tears welled up in them pleading us to free her, she smiled gently as she faded away in the bright morning light. All our mouths went agape, she was gone. 

All of a sudden we heard a very soft moan. At once we turned our head towards its direction to find Ann moving slightly. We looked at each other with hope and immediately called the doctor. He came running along with 4 to 5 nurses and made us wait outside the cabin. We waited impatiently unaware of what was actually happening. I felt really scared, scared of losing the one I love so much, yet my heart leaped inside my chest with hope. Hope to hear her again, to see her smile at me. We waited and waited...

Ann's POV

The last thing I remembered was Rita locking me up in that dark room in the attic and an excruciating pain took over me as I fell on the floor and everything went dark.

As I opened my eyes, my blurry vision slowly adjusted to the peaceful surrounding and I found myself lying comfortably on a soft bed, wrapped under a cozy blanket. I looked around, tiny specks of dust seemed to dance in the shaft of mellow morning sunlight that slanted through the half-open window. I sat up, my body felt a little heavy. It was a beautiful room basking in the peaceful sun rays, birds chirping outside made me feel at ease. The distant cold mountains could be seen from the huge french window. The long white curtains flew gently with the cool breeze which caressed away my long open hair. It was such a beautiful place but strangely the room felt too familiar to me.

 It was such a beautiful place but strangely the room felt too familiar to me