I swore long and loud, slamming the top drawer of the desk shut. Reaching across the desk, I jabbed the button on the intercom and ordered Anita into my office. The door opened, a few seconds later, and she rushed into the room.

"Yes, Mr. Wellston?" she said, sounding out of breath.

"Did you take the Tylenol out of my desk?" I growled, "because I can't find it."

"I don't go through your desk drawers, sir," she stated. "I have Tylenol though. How many do you usually take?"

"Two," Emma responded, walking into the office with a folder in her hand. "He takes two."

"I will be right back." Anita pivoted on her heel and left the room.

"What do you want, Emma?" I asked coolly. "I'm not in the mood."

She crossed the office and dropped the folder on to the desk. "Your dad wanted me to give you that. He said for you have it back to him by tomorrow afternoon. So you have a headache."

"Yes, and you are going to make it worse." I passed a hand across my face. "You delivered the folder. Show yourself to the door and-"

"Here are your Tylenol, sir," Anita said, coming back with a bottle of water and the pain reliever.

"If you don't mind, I will take it from here," Emma said.

"Of course." Anita handed her the water bottle and Tylenol and left us alone, closing the door behind her.

"Give me the Tylenol and get-"

"Ben, shut up." Emma removed the cap from the pill bottle and shook two tablets into the palm of her hand. She held them out to me along with the water. "Just give it a rest, would you?"

Glaring at her, I popped the tablets in my mouth and downed them with a drink of water.

She perched on the desk, looking down at me. "Your anger is not going to help your headache," she said softly. "I want you to do something for me. I want you to close your eyes."

"I don't have time for-"

"Ben, close your eyes." She paused for a moment. "Please."

Letting out a weary sigh, I closed my eyes. "Now what?"

"Take long deep breaths, relaxing all parts of your body," Emma told me. "Relaxing your jaw, your shoulders, your hands. Keep breathing deeply. Relax your pelvis, your legs, your feet. Imagine the anger and the pain is pouring out of you like water pouring from a fountain. Deep breaths."

I concentrated on my breathing, my body slowly relaxing. The knots in my stomach eased slightly. I felt myself start to drift off. Before I could fall asleep I opened my eyes. Emma was watching me with an expression of sadness on her face.

"Feel better?" she asked quietly.

"A little," I admitted.

"Good." She pushed away from the desk. "I better get back before your dad sends out a search party. I will see you at home."

I nodded.

It was after six-thirty when I let myself into the house. Leaving my briefcase and keys on the entry hall table, I headed in the direction of the bedroom. Once there, I found Henry laying in the middle of the bed, his head resting on his paws. I gave the dog a pat on the head and shrugged out of my suit coat.