Alice and Allen were surprised when they saw Alex was back, they welcomed her with kisses and hugs. Ari was introduced to her as she was just a baby when Alex left America.

"Look at you now, so pretty and handsome at the same time. Allen and I swore one day you're either going to break Aubrey or Abby's heart when you end up with either of them. Well now that Aubrey's with Drew, and you're with Abby, no hearts are broken" Alice gushed at Alex, Alex coughed awkwardly.

"We are not together!" Abby vehemently replied, "oh my, I'm sorry. Still though, I'm sure it won't be long until you both get together." Alice stated, Abby scoffed derisively, "not in this life time, it's not" an awkward silence followed that statement. Alice was still all smiles, it's just a front too though. She's not stupid, she knows something is wrong and she will pluck it out of her daughter and her best friend once she has the chance to steal them away in private

"Oh Drew, I reckon you must truly get along with Alex. You'd almost pass as twins if I didn't know any better. These three used to spend their time all the time. Aubrey and Abby loved getting in trouble, thankfully, Alex had a sensible head on top of those shoulders and always got them out of it." Alice enthused and attempted to lighten the mood, if only she knew it isn't making it any better but far worse for Drew.

"They used to play those fairytale games, Alex was always their prince and those two would always argue who gets to be the princess. They were able to resolve the problem only when they both agreed to a schedule on who gets to be the princess on this day and the other. It was such a funny sight" Alice continued, Drew was gritting her teeth so hard, "oh, oh, oh. When Drew and I play fairytales, I get to be the princess all the time" Ari added with a bright smile, Drew couldn't help but smile. This seemed to ease the tension somewhat and all adults grasped that reprieve and spoke to Ari as much as they could, the child soaked up the attention like a sponge.

By lunch time they decided to go out for lunch and when they were on the elevator Drew tried to hold Aubrey's hand but the blonde moved her hand away. Drew's left eye twitched in controlled irritation, she then cut a glare to Alex like she somehow caused the way Aubrey is acting.

--

When night came, Aubrey's parents had to temporarily say goodbye, they will meet again tomorrow but for now, they are to spend the night in a hotel room Drew reserved for Aubrey's parents. After Aubrey's parents waved their goodbye and entered the hotel, Drew and Aubrey was left standing there in awkward silence.

Drew hated it, there was never an awkward energy between them before, now it's the only thing that surrounds them. Drew has no idea how they got this point, they were find 72 hours ago.

Aubrey felt horrible for the way she's acting but she can't seem to stop herself, she feels absolutely guilty by keeping Drew in a distance but it has become an involuntary action on her part to do so. She took Drew's hand to try and at least bridge the gap she'd created.

"Oh now, I'm finally allowed to hold your hand, Your Majesty?" Drew sarcastically snapped, when Aubrey pulled her hand from hers like it had been burned and looked away to avoid eye contact. Drew immediately wanted to kick herself. Jesus, you just had to be sarcastic, she finally initiates contact and you let your pride get the best of you. Drew just couldn't help herself though, she isn't a goddamned stone, and she has feelings that get hurt too.

Drew sighed, opened the car's passenger door and waited, Aubrey entered without a word. The drive back to their building was filled with dead silence. Neither knowing what to say. Aubrey is angry at herself for acting this way and Drew was frustrated.

When they reached their building, Aubrey got off the car, muttered an, "I'll see you tomorrow" and left. Drew was gobsmacked, she stared at her girlfriend's retreating form in utter bewilderment.