10:00am

Sydney's POV

Kylie and I walked out of the first apartment the Realtor took us to. It was a small two bedroom apartment, it was almost perfect except for the fact that it was far from Kylie's tattoo shop. "Can we get something a little closer to main street?" Kylie spoke to the guy showing us around.  The man smiled even though we all knew he was very annoyed with us. He nodded and brough out a flyer. He handed it to Kylie and I. We both examined the paper carefully.

It was a two bedroom apartment, with a kitchen and other needs on our list. "Can we go look at this place?" I asked and he nodded with his fake smiled stuck on his face. We walked to his car and he took us to the apartment. He slipped the key into the lock and unlocked the door. He opened it and we walked in. The first room we walked into was the living room. It was painted a simple creme color and looked absolutely amazing in the sunlight. The next room was the kitchen, it was a little small but perfect for Kylie and I.

He showed us the two bedrooms, one was painted a sky blue with a shared bathroom, connected to the other room that was painted a maroon color. Kylie and I looked at each other as excitement filled us. "How much a month?" Kylie asked. "It actually under your asked price, it's $369 a month." Kylie smiled at me. I nodded slowly knowing she wanted an answer. "And it's only 2 blocks from your shop" he spoke, sweetening the deal even more. "We'll take it" we giggled in unison. He nodded pulling out a stack of papers and a pen. He went through each document telling Kylie where to sign since I wasn't technically old enough to sign.

She signed all the papers and he handed her the two keys that matched the lock to the front door. "You guys can move in when ever you want" he smiled and out the front door he went. We sat on the brown tile floor of the living room and looked at each other. "I'm glad you finally realized that they made you worst" Kylie smiled at me. I nodded finally understanding what she meant. "Now what happened last night? You can't seem to wipe that dumb smile off your face." I felt my face heat up. "Oh my god! You're blushing!" Kylie shouted.

"Well you're excited" I giggled at her reaction. "Spill" she demanded with a smile stuck on her face. "After we left your shop we walked around and talked for what seemed like forever. It was like I was meant to meet Luke. Like he was the price missing from my life. We broke into my father's shop, and well...." I paused and Kylie raised her eyebrow waiting for me to finish. "We did it" I giggled. "No wonder you have been walking weird all morning" I slapped her shoulder lightly. She winked at me. "Then I walked him home. I promised I'd go to his band practice later, you wanna come? I've heard from Luke, and I quote 'they are all smoking hot' " Kylie laughed so hard she hit her head on the wall behind her.

I texted Luke to make sure he was okay with Kylie tagging along. To be honest I invited her cause I'm really nervous about meeting his friends. With how highly Luke talks about them.

Syd😊: hey, you mind if Kylie comes along?

Lukey😜: sure, all the boys are excited to meet you. Especially Calum, he didn't believe me when I told him about what happened.

Syd😊: I'd hope you didn't tell him everything😉

Lukey😜: 😬😬😬

I laughed and looked at the time. It was 10:30. Enough time for me to sneak back into my old house, with Kylie's help, and get all my shit. She drove us down the street until we reached the house. I snuck into my open window, thank god the door was closed so no one could hear anything. Kylie stood outside the window, I handed her bags and boxes full of my stuff. I threw everything in boxes not bothering to organize anything. I don't want to be in this house any longer then needed. I finally finished and we rushed everything to the back of Kylie's truck. We quickly sped off not looking back at the place I use to call home.

Luke's POV

"I swear to you that's Sydney is 100% real. Mate. Just wait you'll see" I pleaded Calum to believe me. Her number was plugged into my phone, so something had to have happened last night. "But hey, even if she isn't real you still snuck out. How do you feel mate?" Calum seemed excited for my achievements. "I feel different, but a good different." I smiled. "And what did your mom say about this?" He poked the swollen area of my lip. "She actually thought it looked good on me. She said, and I quote 'at least you didn't get your genitals pierced'" Calum laughed harder then I expected him to.

I looked at my phone and it was almost 12. "Come on mate, I'm gonna prove to you that Sydney is real" I smiled as we walked up the stairs into the living room. I told my mum I was leaving to Michael's house, she nodded at me with a smile on her face. We walked down the now crowded sidewalks of Australia "I wish these streets were still empty, it was so beautiful Cal. You and I should come out here at night." I watched a couple walk past us, the girl looked at me in disgust but instead of cowering, I stood up taller and continued down the street.

We arrived at the tattoo shop and I pulled out my phone to look at the time. 12:20, perfect timing. Calum and I waited with our backs pressed against the building wall. We talked about the cover we were recording today. It's the first cover with our new drummer, Ashton.  He's a pretty great guy, and he's got some sick drumming skills. I looked at my phone again and it was 12:35. "So this Sydney?" Calum laughed as he lost faith in what I told him about Sydney. "Did you just have a wet dream or something. It must have been pretty vivid." Calum scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

What if it all was a dream? There is no way. I got a tattoo and piercing, there is no way I did both of those things in my sleep. I continued to look at my phone anxiously. My eyes hurt from looking at the light of the phone. I decided to text her.

Lukey😜: Syd? You almost here?

Syd😊: yea, we had to drop off some box's at the apartment. We're turning the corner right now.

I turned my attention towards the sidewalk corner, waiting for Sydney and Kylie. They finally turned the corner and her eyes met mine. I saw Kylie whisper something to Syd making her laugh. Calum and I met them halfway, when we got close enough I opened my arms for a hug. She gladly brought her body close to my chest. "Hi Syd" she looked up and kissed me lightly. A gasp came from both Kylie and Calum. We pulled away to look at them. "Okay introductions. Calum this is Sydney, Sydney this is my best friend Calum." They shook hands making polite small talk. "And this is Kylie. Kylie meet Calum" Calum's eyes were locked on Kylie. "Nice to meet you" he smirked.

"Let's start heading to Michael's house. Since we are a little late." If you consider a 20 minutes a little late. I grabbed Sydney's hand and locked it in mine. Kylie and Calum walked ahead of us. "Calum seems nice." She smiled. "And he's also head over heels for Kylie" my comment made Syd giggle. We continued to walk and talk until we reached Michael's house. Calum knocked on the door and Karen answered the door. "Ashton and Michael and upstairs" she smiled and let us in. We walked up the stairs and into Michael's room. Ashton and Michael sat on the bed playing FIFA. I'm guessing Michael forced ash into it.

"Ash, Michael I want you guys to meet someone. This is Sydney, the girl I snuck out with last night. And this is Kylie, Sydney's best friend. You be nice to them, Michael." Micheal threw his hands up in defence. Ashton jumped off the bed and pulled both of the girls into a hug. "Nice to meet you both! I'm Ashton." He spoke with his famous smile. Michael smiled from the bed. "Come one lazy ass, let's do this." Calum started making his way down to the basement the girls and I followed along with Ashton and Michael. We set everything up as the girls sat on the small couch.

"Can you press this button when I signal you?" I asked and Sydney nodded. "What's the signal?" She questioned. "You'll know." I smirked, she nodded and waited for me to signal her. The boys and I got into the positions we wanted. I looked at Sydney and winked. Her smile grew, she knew that was the signal. "Hey guys, we're 5 Seconds of Summer and this is our new drummer Ashton. Today we are gonna cover teenage dirtbag, we hope you enjoy." Michael spoke into the camera and the started strumming his guitar. We all came together and sang better then we ever thought we could. I think she's my lucky charm.