2- Curt or something

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but it's okay. In the end he did just do his job. I am nineteen, forgot?" I said, acting as if it really wasn't a big deal. It's not anymore. It's been a week since that happened and I still haven't figured out how I got home.

"But he only asked for your ID!" Stacey scoffed angrily and I looked around the small cafe we're in. Some heads turned our way and I glared at my best friend in embarrassment.

"If I see that guy on the streets-"
"Don't, Jason. He is twice the size of you and had tattoos on his damn neck. Let's just change the topic please." I groaned, getting annoyed.

My brother Jason was very muscular, but not quite as big as the bodyguard from the club. If they were to have a fight, he had no chance. Aside from that, I am nineteen and old enough to defend myself. Or in that case I was mature enough to let it go.

"Size isn't always the most important factor." Jason scoffed and I raised an eyebrow at him.
"I bet that's your motto." Stacey teased and I giggled. Jason glared at her, but didn't say anything.

"Oh, I'm going to this fight tonight and-"
"No." I said, already knowing what he wanted.
"Okay." He dragged the word before smiling at Stacey innocently.

"So, I usually get very drunk at those events and-"
"I'll stop you right there. I can't tonight. Sorry, buddy." She dismissed and my brother groaned, before turning back to me with a glare now.

"Come on, L. You're my sister. What if I get so drunk, I'll fight somebody and end up in the hospital?" He asked and I groaned, knowing he got me with that one.
"But-"

"Please, sister. You know I'd do it for you too." He gave me the puppy look and I crossed my arms over my chest. Yes, he would. Stupid Jason.
"Fine." I murmured and he smiled again.

"Great, I'll pick you up at six." He said, which surprised me.
"Six? I thought those fights were late at night." I said, making him roll his eyes.

"Lilah, where have you been? I haven't been going to one of those you're talking about, since high school. That one we're going to today is legal and much better, trust me." He assured me and I raised my eyebrows.

"In case you forgot, I was at college in New Zealand." I informed my dear brother. He smiled and hugged me sideways.
"I know, I missed you a-" He brought up the coffee he was drinking.

"-latte. Get it? I missed you a latte." He repeated and I didn't even feel the urge to laugh, that's how lame this one was.
"A latte." He said and I nodded.

"Just because you repeat it, doesn't mean it gets funnier." Stacey piped in and I laughed at that. Jason sat up straight again, before narrowing his eyes at her.
"You don't have anything to say since you're not even available tonight." Jason hissed, before taking a sip of his coffee.

"I don't understand how you guys were a couple in school." I said, before taking a sip of my hot chocolate. I hate coffee, so I always got something else whenever we met here.

"Worst two years of my life." Jason said, making Stacey nod in agreement. I looked at my best friend, who was seated in front of me and realized how much she's changed since high school. Her blonde hair was shorter now and it gave her a mature look. Her clothing covered her knees and shoulders, which back then was a no go for her.

Then I looked at my brother, who was currently laughing at something Stacey said. He was still the same jock from high school, who could get all the girls. He was just older and gained more muscles. He still styled like somebody whose closet only consists of two blank shirts and blue jeans. Yes, that was my brother to you.

"But see it that way. If we wouldn't have been together, Stacey wouldn't have tried so hard to befriend you and you wouldn't be best friends now. Therefore, you're welcome nerd." He said, making me groan because of the old nickname.

"Excuse me? I didn't try hard. Besides we would've become friends without you too." Stacey said, but we all knew that wasn't true. She gave me a look, which told me that she was convinced, so maybe me and Jason were the only ones who knew how the real scenario would've been.

"You wanna tell me that you would've accepted Lilah if she weren't your boyfriend's little sister?" Jason laughed and I started to get uncomfortable because I was sure he would spit straight facts at her. And I wasn't up for that humiliation again.

"Why shouldn't-" Stacey started, only to get interrupted again.
"Because you were a bully. A bitch, who put herself above everybody else. Even me." Jason said and I gulped. Stacey gaped at his outburst.

"Guys, we should-"
"Besides that, Lilah was three years younger than all of us. She was so smart, she got to graduate with us, even though she was only fifteen. A nerd like this would've been roasted by someone like you. Bullied like you bullied that kid in our class. What was his name again?" My brother paused.

"I believe 'lanky woods' is what you called him." I piped in. I remember that boy. He had the disadvantage of having braces and thick glasses in senior year. Not to forget his rather lanky and pale body. But he honestly wasn't that bad, I sat next to him in all my classes. He never talked to me, but I knew the teachers called him Curt or something like that.

"Yes. Guess who came up with that name?" He pointed at my best friend. She clenched and unclenched her fists.
"So you were an angel back then? I remember you laughing at him and bumping that guy's shoulder too. Don't act like I was the only bully." Stacey snapped.

"But I never did serious things, like knocking his milk over his pants and calling him 'wanky lanky' for a month." It was enough. Before anyone else could say something, I hissed.

"Stop it, both of you! It's been three years since we graduated. We're all more mature now and can laugh about our younger selves." I announced and my two best friends finally stopped glaring at each other and nodded their heads. I sat back down and it was quiet for the next few minutes.

"I wonder what lanky woods is doing now." Stacey said, making us smile.
"I bet he's a millionaire now with two children and a wife." Jason said.
"Lanky woods did everything right then." Stacey said and I silently agreed.

"But I do have one question though. Why lanky woods?" I asked my best friend, who shrugged.
"I don't remember anymore." She said honestly and I nodded slowly.

I'm really glad Stacey has changed over the years. She was still as outgoing and energetic as before, but I know she's no bully anymore. Of course when someone bumps into her, she gets mad. But at least she's not the one who bumps into people anymore.