Authors Note

So first of all, I just want to put it out there that I don't mean to discriminate or criticize anyone :) Or deny the wonderful fact of being human itself. I truly don't mean anything negative, my only purpose is to inform or to make you think about life, the world, humanity, etc...

Poetry has always lived with me since the moment I could speak. I still remember making up songs in first grade but was always too lazy to write it on paper, thinking I could memorize it; it never worked. But when I was 10, I made up a small, little, poetic riddle and was astonished at the meaning behind those hidden words. My mother urged me to write it down, just like all times before, but this time I listened. And I never stopped from there...well except for the transitioning between writing from an Elmo notepad, to Word on a laptop ;)

Yet through every word of any poem, I always was amazed of how much beauty, meaning, and knowledge they held. It compelled me to write my own poems. Many of them were about my life, feelings, or just about random things that mean much to me. I never wrote out of judgement or because someone forced me to do it, and I only wrote what meant to me, what sparked from the heart. Yes, some poems may not be very good, or just plain confusing, but on my side, each one has its story. No matter how bad it is, there is always something behind it. It's almost like a diary, where all your feelings and emotions and thoughts are spread out on paper/a computer. (Though of course, I have very bad hand-writing and don't have enough patience to write lol).

Then came the idea of letting others see what I believe and think in. To spread the word and inspire. I wanted people to stop and just think...because thinking is so much more than you think ;) So I decided to put it up here, where it's open to the world. I try my best, and I mean, I've only wrote poetry for about 3 years now, and still have my whole life ahead of me. So please just keep in mind that I am still pretty young and have much more to develop in both character, and my writing.

Thank you so much for sitting through this speech and bearing with me...

I'm grateful to you all,

<3 Bika :)

P.S. Most of these are deep and will make you think, I do write about happier things in life of course, but for this book, it's just these :) Enjoy!