Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 6

"Let's speak freely then," I say to him, because I need to make sure I have all my facts checked. "Are you saying you want me to be your whore in exchange for returning my father and brother from the war?"

"You're so impolite. But I'm sure we can improve on that as you were born to peasants and not nobles. That's such a bad word to describe this. As my companion I expect you to not use that kind of language in civilized company either and unlike a common whore I could buy on the street I expect you to only belong to me," Prince Raoul says with a sly smile. "Oh, by the way, my father the king would be quite angered if he learned I freed able bodied soldiers for you, so you shall not speak of that to anyone or risk death."

"Do you expect me to live with you?" I ask him, twirling a strand of my hair nervously. The way he talks makes me so uncomfortable, but I need to keep it together or my plan will never work.

"Yes and no," Prince Raoul answers, "But if you do agree to accept my method of payment, I will let you know when you come and go."

"Can I quit if I find this arrangement unpleasant?" I ask him.

"Of course," the Prince says with a chuckle, but knows he has high ground in this, and I want to slap him across his perfect face.

"What if you fall in love with me?" I ask coyly. If I'm going all in on this, I might as well play the part.

"I'll let you in on something, before I break your heart," Prince Raoul sneers, "I don't fall in love. I'm a Cursed, remember? I suppose I could find another woman willing to take this role for coin, but I want you to fill it for me, Yana, because you've made no secret of disliking me, and what I can't stand is a woman who pretends to."

"You won't break my heart," I tell him coldly.

I know you won't. It's already broken. Shattered into thousands of pieces. It has to be, or I wouldn't even be considering this arrangement with you.

"Good," the Prince says with a smile.

"What do you want me for exactly?" I ask. Not sure if I want to know the answer.

"I don't plan to engage in intercourse with you," the Prince says. "That being said, I expect you to do many things of a carnal nature for me. Things that are improper to mention in this Sanctuary, but I believe you understand what I'm referring to."

I shiver.

What am I getting myself into? I'm so innocent, I don't even know what he's implying. If he doesn't want intercourse, then what does he want me to do? Perhaps I really am fading into the darkness here.

"I want you to do this for me of your own free will, it will be an arrangement I believe beneficial to both of us. I can have you for myself and you can get back your kin, saving them from the war," Prince Raoul says. "Go home and talk to your kindly uncle." He smirks. "After all, if you agree to our little arrangment, he will have to give up your time to me."

You're disgusting, I seethe at him underneath, but hold my composure. "How will I let you know my decision?"

"I'll be here in the Sanctuary tomorrow night and the night after," the Prince says. "If you're not there one of those nights, I'll figure you've decided against becoming mine and I won't bother you again."

Cad. Bastard. Monster. I think of all sorts of names to call him, but again my lips are sealed. I have to think about the opportunity this could be. To have Father and Calder back alive could change my family's life for the better, including that of my new little friend, Elsie.

icon lock

Show your support for Silver Reins, and continue reading this story

by Silver Reins
@SilverReins
**FULL STORY AVAILABLE HERE** Desperate to save an innocent life, Ya...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 45 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @SilverReins.