Chapter 14

*Hayley's pov*

I looked up at the trees to see smoke. Where is the smoke coming from? As i got closer and closer to the farmhouse i noticed a bright orange light. I got to the fence and saw that the barn is on fire. I quickly run to the house seeing lori and hershel running to the truck.

"Hey, hey, what happened" i screamed.

"I don't know" lori screamed. 'Where is carl and rick" i yelled back.

"I don't know i never saw them leave" she said while looking at the burning barn. I turned my head to the barn and started to run that way.

" what are you doing, no come back here hayley" lori screamed at me. I jumped onto the rv quickly and climbed into the barn. I coughed out loudly as the smoke from the fire started to fill my lungs. I averted my gaze to the side of the barn that wasn't on fire and saw carl and rick standing on a ledge looking down at the barn full of know burning walkers.

"Rick we need to leave know" i screamed at him. He looked up at me and gave me a weird look. "When did you get back" he yelled back.

"Just now but i'll explain later we need to leave now" i said. I slowly walked over a skinny bored and reached for carls hand. He grabbed it quickly and I picked him up and walked over to the rv. I quickly jumper onto the rv and looked down to see walkers all around the rv.

"ok i'll go first and distract the walkers" i said looking at rick and carl. Carl's eye filled with worry as rick started to yell. "You're crazy if you think i'm letting you do that" rick said. I kneeled down next to carl and gave him a kiss on the forehead before i looked at rick and quickly jumped off of the rv. I hit the ground hard hearing nothing but walker moans surrounding me. Pain rushed through my body as i slowly stood up taking out a walker that started to stumble towards me.

"Hey, hey over here" i screamed while i jumped up and down. The walkers turned their attention towards me and i took off towards the fence. My legs burned as i pushed myself further and further.

"Hayley, over here" daryl yelled. I turned my head and took off in his direction. I quickly jumped onto his motorcycle and he speed off. I let out a huge sigh as i thought about rick and carl.