Chapter 11

*Hayleys pov*

I woke up to the sun shining through my tent. I sat up and ran a hand through my long hair. I pulled my legs to my chest wrapping my arms around them. I couldn't help but think of how much daryl probably hated me. I unzipped my tent door making sure to duck from the low ceiling. I looked around the yard and saw everyone doing their own thing. I looked behind me and saw daryl making arrows back at his little barn. I quickly turned away hoping he didn't see me looking at him. i walked over to carol who was hanging up laundry. "need any help?" i asked. "sure" she said back politely. I hung a shirt up, putting a clothespin on each side making sure the shirt wouldn't fall off. "you know i never thanked you for saving my daughter, you were the first person who went chasing after her that day" she said. I turned to her and smiled. "you don't have to thank me" i said while looking at the ground. i looked up to put another shirt up when i felt carol's arms around me. i wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back. i unwrapped my arms around carol and continued hanging the clothes up on the wire. I turned around when i started to hear shuffling from behind me. "i overslept" lori said sheepishly while walking out of her tent. "well you must have needed it" carol said to lori. "yeah, well next time wake me up" lori said back with a tint of anger in her voice. "will do" carol said back.
I sat on the porch reading an old book that hershel had in his house. It wasn't very good, but it would do the trick. I stood up while closing the book and started off towards my tent. i was trying to do anything to get my mind off that kiss. i needed to go talk to him, but i just couldn't make myself go talk to him. daryl was sitting by the fire with everyone else. I walked by him to get to my tent and i heard him get up and follow me. "you gonna talk to me or continue to stair" daryl asked. i turned around and looked at the ground. "i don't know what you wanna talk about" i said back. i turned back around to walk to my tent when i was spun back around. I soon felt lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss and daryl held me close. As he pulled away i looked at him with a confused look. "i thought you didn't like me" i asked. "you never let me finish that day, you kinda just stormed off" he said back while leaning in for another kiss. i kissed him back. i never thought a dixon would ever have feelings. Let alone have feelings for me.

*************************************************
Sorry for such a short chapter it's more of a filler chapter before all hell breaks loose!