Chapter 3

*Rick's pov*

    "In here, come on we don't have much time" I said. We ran into the house slamming the door behind us. I ran searching for the kitchen. I found it and grabbed a folding chair. I ran back to the front door and put the chair under the handle. I stepping away from the door as walkers started hitting the door trying to get in. I started to searched the house for a exit when i suddenly heard sobbing. "Daryl do you hear that?" i asked. He looked up from his crossbow and walked slowly towards the room. i watched as he put his crossbow up in the air before he opened the door. He slowly opened the door and quickly put his weapon back down. I gave him a confused look, and started to walk towards the room. I looked into the room shocked, i saw a young girl kneeling over dead walker crying.

*Hayden's pov*

I looked up from my father's corpse, i turned my head from the rotting body and saw two men looking at me. I slowly pushed myself back until i hit the wall and couldn't move back any further. One man was wearing a sheriff's outfit and and other man was wearing a cut up flannel shirt and jeans. "what's your name" the sheriff asked. "Hayley" i said back. "well i'm rick, this is daryl, you don't look like you're in the best condition here" he said nicely. I looked up "i'm not i don't even know what's going on". He turned to daryl and started whispering something to him. I'm not gonna lie daryl was pretty cute. Rick turned to me again "well you could come back with us" he asked. I smiled and nodded. " i have a car with some food and water also" I said. They turned towards me and followed me to the car. I walked outside to the car and they just looked inside the vehicle. "you can ride with me" daryl said as rick started to grinned at him. "I'll just drive myself, don't wanna get rid of a good car" i said back. Rick and daryl got in there vehicles they had parked a couple blocks away and started to drive towards their camp. I followed behind them as we left the city.
I turned and started driving up a hill. I looked out the window at the scenery. I looked down at the beautiful water that was a amazing aqua color. The trees started covering the beautiful water and i turned my head and saw the camp up ahead. I pulled up behind daryl and rick as we parked our cars. They got out first and i waited shyly. Rick walked up to my car and said " come on, no one will bite". I smiled and got out of the car and watched everyone run up and hug their families. Rick walked over to everyone and said "this is hayley we found her when we were on a run for supplies". Everyone turned their head towards me. Rick then introduced everyone to me. It was nice to see other faces other than the corpses we see everyday. Dale walked over to me and Shook my hand. " I'm sorry hunny all the tents are taken except daryl's" dale said. "That's alright" I said in return. He then showed me were the tent was and i put my stuff down. I then walked over to the group of people sitting around the fire. I walked over and sat next to rick. He smiled at me while i was socialising with everyone. I noticed daryl was gone when i looked around the group. Lori came up to me and handed me a plate of food, which i gladly took. I scarfed down the food fast. I was starting to get tired so i told the group i was going to bed and went on my way to my tent. I unzipped the door and zipped it back up again. I made sure no one was around and changed into sweatpants and a tank top. I laid down in the sleeping back that was already in the tent and fell asleep.
" hey don't you have your own sleeping bag?". I quickly opened my eyes and jumped out of the sleeping bag onto the floor of the tent. Daryl laid his crossbow down and got in his sleeping bag. I layed down and shivered as the cool air blew through the tent and hit my arms. I think daryl notice cause he through his other blanket at me and then went to sleep. I moved my arm under my head so i had something to put my head on, and fell asleep to the noises of nature surrounding me.
I quickly found it and turned around and saw my father standing in the doorway. He growled as he walked over to me trying to bite me. I pulled my pocket knife out of my boot and started to cried as i brought the knife to my father's head. I watched as his body fell to the floor. I dropped to my knees and held my father's head in my lap.
I woke up by being shaken by someone. I opened my eyes and saw daryl looking down at me. I sat up and felt my a tear fall down my cheek, I wiped my cheek and laid back down looking at the tent ceiling. " have a bad dream" daryl said quietly. "yeah" i said back trying to stop my tears from falling. I turned to my side and drifted back to sleep.