Waiting to hear you're okay

"What the hell have you done Lauren?!" Dinah whispered, falling to her knees next to Mike as she radioed the EMT's she had the good sense to call before arriving with frantic orders to hurry.

"Not now Dinah. Daddy, helps here okay? You're going to be fine." Lauren assured her father, ignoring the look her best friend was giving her.

Mike was straining to keep his eyes open, his gaze never leaving his daughters as he nodded slowly. Medics rushed through the door soon after Dinah's arrival with a stretcher ready to take Mike with them.

The gently asked Lauren to move away, and quickly loaded him up as she stepped back, setting up their equiptment at a lightning speed, Mike was eventually strapped down and being transported quickly. One medic had asked if Lauren was injured, but Lauren demanded they worry about her father and she would be fine. After Lauren had glared at him for wasting time, he quickly hopped in the ambulance, and it drove to the hospital sirens blaring as the sped past.

Both women were just exiting the house that was currently surrounded by officers trying to keep the neighbors and spectators at bay when something unexpected happened. Lauren was following her Dinah to her car, hoping to see her father soon, when she tripped feeling woozy and lightheaded, landing on the grass of the yard on hard her front.

"Lauren?!" Dinah yelled rushing forward, sliding to her knees next to Lauren, panicking when she saw a thick piece of banister sticking out of her side almost hidden by her shirt.

Dinah and another officer gently turned Lauren on her uninjured side to check if she was still breathing, and much to Dinah's relief, Lauren was just unconscious.

Seeing the ambulance had left, Dinah radioed the distance of the next one coming.

"We're coming from across town Detective. We have at least ten minutes arrival time. It's rush hour and people aren't moving fast enough for us. There was a shooting on fifth, so we're the only available unit."

Dinah cursed, and motioned her men to help her pick Lauren up and take her to her car. Just as she was running to open her door, Camila, Rose and Leah pulled up, having been informed of what had happened by the undercovers in the restaurant.

They were blocked by officers as soon as they had scrambled out of their cars running straight for them, and they fought the officers hysterically once they saw Lauren's bloody body being carried. Dinah ushered her officers to gently put Lauren inside the car quickly, then turned towards the hysterical women shouting, "Meet me at the hospital!"

Once Lauren was secure, she jumped into the front seat, and turned her car on, sirens blazing as she pulled out of the driveway.

Dinah was internally panicking as she sped through lights, the sirens of her car making her more tense than they normally would. It took her three minutes to reach the hospital, and when she sped up to the emergency door, she threw her door open, unbelievably grateful she had called ahead and the nurses and doctors where ready and on standby waiting for her.

They unloaded Lauren quickly, and rushed inside, Dinah shakily trailing behind them until she was stopped outside the doors and was irritatingly directed to the waiting room.

"I want an update soon on both Jauregui's!" She shouted defiantly, as she paced the waiting room, making its other occupants give her a wide birth, eyeing the gun on her hip wearily.

Dinah caught their worried eyes on her waist and rolled her eyes saying, "I'm a cop so chill with the crazy scenario's going on in your heads."

Less than five minutes later, Leah, Rose and Camila were rushing inside the E.R. demanding information from the receptionist, when the nervous woman pointed towards the waiting room where they saw Dinah waving them over.