Unconditional love

Camila was sitting next to her sister, eating breakfast and talking to her father just as the house phone rang.

Her mother who was making a few pies for the restaurant answered the phone, freezing in front of them, making them turn their attention to her in concern.

Sinhue smiled, covering her mouth as tears filled her eye's as she talked to whoever was on the phone quietly. They waited ten minutes, and when Sinhue hung up, she looked at her family ready to bursting with happiness.

"We have someone at the agency that wants to meet us!" Sinhue shouted laughing, tears falling from her eyes.

Alejandro whooped, picking up his wife and giving her a loving kiss as their kids laughed excitedly.

"When do they want to meet you? And can we come?" asked Camila smiling.

Alejandro let his wife go, both laughing as they turned to Camila.

"Tomorrow. I know you have your soccer game Mija but...." Sinhue started nervously.

Camila waved her off and said,"This is bigger than a game. You come to all of my games mama, you can miss one."

Sinhue walked to her oldest, proud of her selflessness and kissed her forehead giving her a hug.

"Thank you Mija." Sinhue whispered gratefully.

"What's the pregnant girl like?" asked Sofie anxiously.

Sinhue looked sad for a moment, before covering it up and giving her youngest a smile.

"She's an amazing woman Mija. Trust me on that." Sinhue replied, a little sadly.

Alejandro, seeing the sadness in her eyes, looked at his youngest and said,"Mija will you go watch some tv for a few minutes? I have to talk to your mother for a minute. We can get some ice cream afterwards, yeah?"

"Okay papi!" squealed Sofie, running to the living room.

Once she was gone Camila and Alejandro to turned Sinuhe, waiting for an explanation. Both bothered with the look in her eyes.

"What is it mi amor?" Her husband asked worried.

Sinhue sighed, sitting in the chair next to her daughter, holding her head for a moment. When she looked up, she had tears in her eyes, which did nothing to put them at ease.

"Her name is Lauren Jauregui. She was the girl that was attacked at that party a few months ago." She said quietly.

Camila gasped as Alejandro sat down on the chair across from her slowly.

"From Carlton high?" asked Camila, completely horrified. She had heard rumors when it had happened. It was all anyone talked about for a month.

Sinhue nodded, wiping her tears, and reaching across the table to hold Alejandro's hand, which he clasped lovingly.

"She's pregnant? From that pendejo?" he asked angrily.

She nodded sadly.

"Isn't she my age?" asked Camila in shock. She couldn't picture something so horrible happening to someone her age that she knew.

"Yes. She is a lesbian and was gay bashed.... Raped by an idiot trying to 'fix' her. When her parents found out the reason, they kicked her out. They apparently didn't know she was gay and was outed by accident during the investigation." Sinhue spat, upset for the poor girl, who had already suffered enough... and to have family betray you... it was unthinkable.