Chapter 24 : Missing Pages

Start from the beginning

Putting both of her hands on the doors she pushed them open. Sitting in the lounging area was Abe and Nuala, Myers was leaning against the fire place. And finally her brother sat on one of the steps next to the fire place. Everyone looked at her as she stepped into the room more. Nuala got up from her spot and made her way towards Syrena.

"Are you feeling alright?" Nuala asked.

"Yes, I just had a little head ache that's all." Syrena lied.

Should she tell her that she saw Nuada? 'Later.' Syrena said in her head. 'When we are alone.' Nuala gave her a smile and a short hug before walking back to her seat. Syrena made her way towards Abe who got up and pulled his friend in a hug.

"It's good to see you Abe. I missed you." Syrena said.

"So have I, it's been rather dim in our lives with out you." Abe said.

The two pulled away and Syrena's gaze went towards her brother who had gotten of the step and made his way towards her. Syrena rubbed her arm looking down at the floor,unable to look into her brothers eyes.

"So, where's Liz?" Syrena asked noticing she was the only one not in the room.

"Resting." Abe said.

"Oh.." Syrena said.

"6 months.I haven't seen you, you just left. Again! I went looking for you, but you never showed your face. Never even bothered trying to visit." her brother said.

"I'm sorry...You were starting a new life. And I was upset...I thought you wouldn't need me anymore."

Syrena looked up into her brothers eyes. Hell Boy's eyes soften. Even though she looked fine on the outside just by looking at her eyes,he could tell she was hurting. But from what?

Without a warning Syrena was pulled into a hug. He brother held her in a embrace.

"I will always need you, sis." he said.

Slowly, Syrena wrapped her arms around her brother. The others watched the two siblings, big smiles on their faces. They pulled away. Syrena let out a yawn. Her brother chuckled.

"Tired are we sis? It's only 4 Am and you would still be energized. I think you getting old." Her brother said.

Syrena punched her brother in the arm.

"I might be getting old, but I would still be able to kick your ass." Syrena said.

Walking past her brother she went towards Myers. Another yawn escaped her mouth.

"Which ways my room?" Syrena asked.

"Follow me." Myers said.

The two of them left out the golden doors and after they shut Syrena collapsed, luckily Myers saw it coming and caught her in time. He picked her up bridal style and carried her the rest of the way towards her room. Open the door,he steeped inside and laid her down, and put the cover over her. Syrena turned to her side,eyes closed.

"Sweet dreams Syrena." Myers said.

He backed away from her bed and went out of the room closing the door. After the door shut close the room was dark as Syrena opened her eyes. They were yellow and they glowed in the dark. Getting up, Syrena made her way towards her closet. Pulling out the box that contained her fathers book and other things that belong to him.

First she pulled out the book setting it aside, next she pulled out his photo book. Syrena flipped open to the first page, then the next, and the next. All of them were pictures of her, her father, and her brother growing up. She flipped to the last page and found an big envelope tapped inside.

Taking it off, Syrena opened it and found pages that had been ripped out off a book. She grabbed her fathers story book and opened it to the back were the pages were missing and place the pages there. They fit. Syrena began to read the few pages.

"Once there was a girl, born into the world for one purpose and one purpose only...to destroy all mankind and bring back the land that was taken from all magical creatures. This girl was powerful. She could control the elements, and also bring back the dead. As the Great War between man and creatures happened there was a plan to bind the girl with the golden army. It is said that at a young age a veil of her blood was slipped into the golden metal of the army and the crown piece. And if ever the day was to come, she would collect her blood along with the crown back into her body and would have the power to control the army. She is a living breathing solider, the only true leader to control the golden army. And alike them is indestructible. She will avenge all creatures and take back what is rightfully hers. The daughter of Queen Juriko...the giver of life and death. The queen of the golden army."