Chapter 21: Agent Myers

Syrena woke up. Her vision yellow and blurry but started to clear up.Her ears were ringing and her head was pounding, and she smelled coffee. She got off what she guessed was her bed. Wait,her bed? Looking around she noticed that she was back in her apartment.

How in the hell? A beeping noise went off coming from the kitchen. Syrena walked over and saw it was her coffee maker. Turning it off she poured her some in a cup. She took a sip of her coffee and quickly spit it out. Syrena had always liked coffee, but now it just tasted awful!

Dumping the rest down the drain she left her cup in the sink. Her head started to pound again and she leaned against the counter for balance. There was a knock on the door.Syrena ignored it but who ever it was would not leave and continued to knock. With a groan she went towards the door and unlocked it, swinging it open quickly.

A man who was a few inches taller than her was at her door. He had brown hair and a scar on his chin. He stood there staring at her in awe. Syrena glared at him.

"Who are you?" Syrena asked.

"Me?" he asked snapping out if his daze.

She raised an eyebrow. Was this human dumb?

"Yes, you!" she said sounding irritated. Her head was killing her.

"Oh, um right." he said with a light laugh. "I'm Agent Myers. I work for-"

"I know who you are and I know who you work for." Syrena said.

"You know who I am?" he asked surprised.

"My father called you in to watch over my brother."

"Your father,brother-"

"Professor Bloom and Hell Boy."

"Oh yes. Your father was a good man. He saw something in me that I didn't even see."

"Thank you."

"Is it alright if I could come in?" Myers asked.

Syrena stepped to the side as Myers walked into her apartment. He looked around with a smile on his face. He turned and looked at Syrena as she closed the door.

"Nice place you got here." he said.

"Cut the chit chat,human. Why are you here?What do you want?" Syrena asked.

"A few months ago I was reassigned to come back to the B.P.R.D. after you, Abe,your brother and Liz all left-"

"Okay, I asked you why you're here. I didn't want to here a story."

"We need you to come back." Myers said.

"Why should I?" Syrena asked.

"Your an agent." he said.

"Never was."

"I read your file-"

"Dear god they have a file on me."

"You helped but down that crazy elf dude-"

"HIS NAME WAS NUADA!"Syrena yelled.

She walked up to Myers who stood still. Syrena grabbed him by his shirt.

"He wasn't crazy...I would watch your mouth if I were you." she said calmly,so calm it scared him.

"I'm sorry Miss Bloom."

Syrena let him go. She walked over to her drawing easel, running her finger tips down her painting. She looked over at Myers who was avoiding her gaze. Maybe she shouldn't have yelled.

"Syrena."

Myers finally put his gaze on her. The light coming from the window bounced off her skin,giving her a glow.