˚ 12 to 14 years old

boy

boy. chapter iii!

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

the changes that were happening to her body by the time she'd turned twelve, were not the ones that she'd hoped for. they were becoming increasingly visible and she didn't like it. her clothes suddenly became baggier and her hair got shorter as she tried to hide these changes. the ginger locks that had become her signature feature sat just below her ears now, too short to tie up.

she didn't like the effect that growing up was having on her body but she knew that there wasn't really anything that she could do about it. even though she tried everything she could to hide the fact that she was developing in ways she didn't want to, it wasn't working all too well. she knew this because there were always stares thrown at her in the hallway. whispers that struck home like "isn't corey a guy?" and "why is corey growing boobs?"

then one day a girl in her class decided to let spill, yelling that "oh my god guys! corey has boobs!" now almost everyone knew that she was developing in ways she didn't like.

but she just had to pull through for another couple of weeks and then she'd be able to leave. she sighed and pushed her fringe out of her face before taking a seat next to her brother in the cafeteria. she tried to block out all the whispers coming from the other kids but it was hard. so she slunk down in her chair and waited for the earth to swallow her whole.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

she stood in the middle of the girls section and stared at all of the floral printed shirts and skirts. she was thirteen now. about to start high-school and meet different people. dresses were tossed into the mix here and there and she wanted nothing more than to ditch the trolley and run straight into the guys section.

because she knew that she'd feel a whole lot more comfortable in there than she did in this section at this moment. the guys section was also the the only place that she felt she belonged. but school started in three days and she didn't want to have to through the primary school struggles again so she'd decided that she should dress according to the gender that she was born with.

she didn't want to be teased again and she knew for a fact that high school was going to be a hell of a lot tougher than primary school was. she sighed and threw a whole bunch of random clothes her size into the trolley and rushed out before she had a panic attack right there and then.

her mother was waiting for her by the checkouts. she sighed as she saw her child walking towards her, looking extremely uncomfortable. she knew that nothing good was going to come out of this decision, but she had to be supportive.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

it was the end of 9th grade and she sat at home with her brother, watching some stupid motorcycle show on the TV. she wasn't really paying attention to it and was glad when it finally ended. she got off the couch and headed to the kitchen to get a drink when she heard the ad for the next show.

"a documentary on children who believe that they were born in the wrong body." she spun around quickly and raced back to the living room, jumping over the couch and sitting on the floor directly in front of the television. she was soon faced with a young looking guy, probably in his early 20's, who introduced himself to the camera as gabe.

he then launched into his story about how, at the age of six, he began to feel that he was born the wrong gender. he began to realise that he was uncomfortable in his body. through his adolescence he was teased and made fun of because he dressed like a boy and had cut his hair really short.

with puberty hitting him at the age of 13 he tried his best to hide the changes but he knew it was almost impossible and when he hit 15 he decided to try and fit in as female which, in turn, made him even more uncomfortable. after talking to his parents about how he was feeling and doing some research at the age of 17 he started testosterone.

gabe identified as a transgender male. she couldn't believe her ears. someone who had felt the way she was feeling was on her television screen. she whipped around to face her brother who had the biggest grin on his face.

she opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted when the door at the front of the house creaked open and their mother made her way into the living room.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

author's note!
i hope you guys are enjoying
this lil story o' mine. feel free
to leave a comment or pm
me with feedback or any q's :)