Chapter Thirty Four

It’s been a few hours since I have called Victor and much to my surprise my ability to control my magic has improved dramatically. I can make things explode without even having to think about it, and I can levitate things up to 100 pounds. Now that certainly is not enough to pick up a werewolf and chuck them, but I could throw rocks or something.

A knock on the door makes me jump and the chair that I had suspended in the air clatters to the ground. “Come in!” I shout.

Luke walks in and his eyes widen at the shattered glass and toppled chairs and tables. I blush and smile sheepishly, “Um yea we will pay for this…”

He just shakes his head and says, “I have come to a decision.”

I furrow my eyebrows, and I feel a bit nervous. Last night Luke was all smiles and he was very friendly, but now his tone is serious and his face is hard and cold, reminding me of Carter. “I want to send my best fighters back with you.”

I shake my head furiously, “No, that really isn’t a good idea. I mean, thanks and all, but there is no way I will be able to remain under Carter’s radar if I bring a ton of werewolves with me!”

Luke chuckles and kicks some glass shards around, “You are mated now you didn’t stand a chance of staying out of his radar.”

I pick up a chair and sit it up right and plop down in it. My head falls into my hands, and I can feel my mind going a mile a minute. Luke is right, it was immature of me to even think that Carter wouldn’t know that I was there. Plus more fighters can never be a bad thing right? However I can see Carter getting angry, I can already hear him now blabbering on about how we now owe another pack, we are in debt, and more complete and utter nonsense.

“Okay, sounds like a plan.” I answer, my throat already beginning to feel dry.

Maybe this was a bad idea, a really terrible, horrible idea. Carter will be beyond pissed off. Am I going to be too much of a distraction there? Will he constantly be worrying about my safety? Something about that makes me snort. Carter has always seemed like the kind of guy that knows how to keep his work and relationships separate. He tends to like to focus on being Alpha 24/7. Plus as Luna I think I have the rights to be there. Wait…are we even Alpha and Luna anymore?

“Luke…is Carter still Alpha?”

“Yes, he figured something like this would happen so he only gave the pack temporarily to Mike.”

“But Jake is the Beta.” When I say Jake it tastes like poison in my mouth. I still don’t trust him for choosing me over Georgia. She rejected him, you would think he would have enough balls to at least come up with a scheme to get Georgia back from my mother without having to ship me away and then lead Carter and I to believe that the other had broken the mate bond.

“Jake is in the pack prison for all I know. I think he is waiting for his trial that will occur after the war is over.”

A trial? My tongue feels like lead in my mouth and I feel my stomach churn. Can I really turn my back on my brother as he did to me? I squeeze my eyes shut, and shake my head, trying to cast all these thoughts away. I need to focus on my magic, I need to strengthen my powers as much as possible before Victor gets here.

Authors note: I know it is super short and boring I will try to get a big update in before school starts again on Monday xp So this story should be over soon but I really want to get this in the top 100 so can you please please keep reading and voting and spread the word??

I love you guys sooo much (: