Chapter Eighteen

Carter's POV

My wolf snarls at me, "Way to go Carter, you hurt her again." For fucks sake, shut the fuck up! God I can't handle this anymore! How am I supposed to be able to keep Cosette, and my pack safe? It is fucking impossible! Cosette is the reason my pack is in danger, but there is no way in hell I can just tell her to leave and get out of my life. A low snarl grows in my throat at the thought of that. Cosette is mine and only mine. 

I pace my office, completely lost in my thoughts. Going against Greg's pack won't be easy, but I am positive we will win the battle. What I am worried about is what about the battles after that? Once the word gets out about Cosette all hell will break loose across America and I will have too many wars to fight. There has to be an easy and peaceful way to settle this. However knowing myself, and Greg, that isn't possible. 

A shriek rips through my thoughts, and my wolf immediatly takes full control. Cosette. Cosette is in danger. My feet thunder down the stairs and my mind barely registers the fact that Mike is completely knocked out. All I can focus on his the ass that is high tailing his way out of here with my mate. 

Blood rushes into my ears as I chase after her. The man turns around, a sick smirk on his face, as he whacks Cosette hard. Her frightened blue eyes go dim, and finally shut. My heart stops as I remain frozen in place. My stomach turns hot, and starts churning. The bastard chuckles, and lets go of Cosette's limp body, he crouches down next to her, and touches her cheek, "Such a shame she didn't just go with the flow at the party."

My vision starts to turn red as I see his hand touch her cheek, mine, mine, mine. All I want to do is run up to him and rip his head off, but he is much closer to Cosette right now and I can't risk him hurting her before I can hurt him. "What do you want?" I growl roughly. 

He smiles at me, laughing, running his hand through his blond hair, "Isn't it obvious?"

The idiot continues, "I know her little secret. You didn't put that bracelet immediatly, I smelled her at a party. A witch, and a werewolf. How can I pass this up?"

I feel myself shaking in rage as I realize where he is going with this, he wants to breed with her. My mate. Mine. Only mine. Using my mind link I message Jake, "Get your ass away from Georgia, I don't care if she is your mate you get down here right now. Cosette is in danger.Be quiet about it."

Desperately I try to push my wolf down. All he wants to do is rip this guy to shreds, and that would ruin the whole plan, I need to keep this guy here. "And what if I had already mated with her, then she wouldn't be able to have children."

His hands are drawing patterns on her stomach, and my teeth are grinding hard together and my wolf is literally ripping at the walls of my mind, "I know you two haven't yet, but nice try."

Before anything else can happen I see Jake in the distance, and I know this is my chance. I leap at the man, and my body changes into my wolf in mid leap. My teeth immediatly latch onto his throat, his warm blood oozing between my teeth. At the same time Jake grabs Cosette, and starts carrying her back to the pack house. 

The animal inside of me gets the best of me, and I start flinging his limp body savagely. How dare he touch her? How dare he think about having his way with her? She is mine. Mine. Every inch of her is perfect and I don't want anyone else seeing her, holding her, having her, loving her. Cosette is my everything. 

Once I am sure the bastard is dead, I shift back into my human form. I leave the bloodied and almost unrecognizable body on the forest egde, and instead walk back to the house. I need to hold Cosette in my arms, and never let her go. 

Authors note: was it good? I really hope so!!! Did you notice carter calls cosette his alot??? Ugh it was kinda hard writing this chapter and its nowhere close to where i want it to be but you guys really deserve an update