Feeding: Episode 5

"I heard that there was another Dove prowling around these parts." says a customer while sipping his coffee.

"Really? How much have they sent at this point?"

"I'm really scared to go off on my own now."

"The 20th Ward is not going to be safe for long now."
"What are you talking about? OF COURSE IT WAS NEVER SAFE IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU DINGUS."

Many people in Anteiku were talking about the increase of Doves being sent near the the ward. So business was not looking good, if more and more CCG come around, that would mean that eventually they'll come for Anteiku. Today you were off work taking care of Touka, reason being is that she ate her friend's food, human food, to 'compliment' on her cooking. The navy haired girl was sitting down with you and Hinami by the small table. Ryouko and Hinami both came along to help Touka with her recovery, to be honest you wanted to be the one to take care of Touka yourself. You don't have anything against anyone in the cafe, it's just that you just feel that since it was Touka who took you into Anteiku in the first place, it would be so kind that you return a favor and take care of her.

"Ok, I think that should do" the auburn haired ghoul stated "Touka-chan and Y/n-san is it ok that you two look after Hinami while I go out?"

You and Touka both nod receiving a smile from Ryouko. Ryouko made her way to the door and opened it.

"Ok I trust you two with Hinami! Also Hinami play nice with Onee-chan and Onii-chan, ne?"

Before Ryouko was about to leave Kaneki was about to intrude into Touka's room.

"Oh! Kaneki-kun you dropped in a perfect time!"

After some time Ryouko left, Touka only leaned against the counter top with her unchanged stoic expression on her face. You were just on your phone looking through stuff that interest you, sitting besides Hinami who was drawing and Kaneki who was awkwardly sitting nervously. The half-ghoul's expression looked as if he came to visit at a wrong time, mainly because of Touka's overall mood.

"Well? Who do I owe the pleasure to?" Touka asked not really looking at Kaneki.

Kaneki respond "I heard that you weren't feeling well, so I came to go check on you."

"You sure it wasn't Yoshimura-san?" you questioned while scrolling through your phone.

The black haired boy only nodded to your response and Touka joked around with half-ghoul asking if he has a get-well-card.

"Onii-chan" Hinami interrupted you guy's conversation "how do you say this?" she asked pointing at a word in her book.

Kaneki went over to Hinami and helped her say the word. You could've helped, but considering that you were never schooled you only knew some.
"I'm going to make some coffee then since you're here." Touka stated as she made her way to the kitchen counter.

"Wait Touka, let me-" Kaneki was about to get up, but you tugged his sleeve.

"No it's fine, you're helping Hinami with her vocabulary right now."

"But aren't you sick."

"...I just ate too much."

Kaneki gasp for a second and had shock expression. You jolted up and reassured him that Touka didn't kill anyone and was about to explain what happened.

Ring

"Oh it's the door, I'll go get it." you said.

You went to the door and checked to see who's outside, you see a girl with bright orange hair and a pink jacket. You assumed it was Touka's friend from school, since you didn't recognise their face around the cafe. You opened the door and greeted yourself.