Development: Episode 3

It was a brand new day. To recap, the half ghoul, Kaneki Ken was now a worker in Anteiku, a ghoul cafe. You didn't really mind the newbie, but Touka looks as if she doesn't want to deal with two idiots. Yoshimura asked you to get Kaneki comfortable and show him the ropes. You gladly agreed and started with the simplest task. Making coffee.

"Ok just make spirals" you instructed "You don't have to rush."

"H-hai.." The blacked haired boy responded.

After making the cup of coffee, Kaneki drank the beverage and had a frown.

"Not close to Yoshimura's coffee." Kaneki commented as he handed you the cup.

You gladly accepted the drink and took a sip. You admit that the half ghoul's coffee isn't as good as the old boss, but at least he's getting there.

"Yeah Yoshimura makes the best coffee." You replied taking another sip.

Kaneki just looked down, feeling unsure on how to respond. You reassured Kaneki not to worry, and that Yoshimura got everything under control. This made the half ghoul better in the inside, you led him out to the kitchen to go check on Touka and Kaneki's friend Hide. As you went out, you saw the navy ghoul and the oranged haired human having a conversation. You jumped out to greet Touka with a hug, which for some reason she accepted it.

"Hide?" Asked the half ghoul "Why are you here?"

"Came by to thank y/n and Touka! Touka especially~." Answered Hide as he winked at the navy female.

Touka's cerulean eyes shifted off and didn't make eye contact with Hide, you then slightly glared at Hide at his attempt of flirting.

"Oh wait forgot you're going out y/n." The orange haired sheepishly said as he then got up. Hide let the three of you know that he's going to head out before the rain outside starts to pick up. The orange haired then left without a another word. Touka then proceed to left go of your grip then stomp on your foot.

"Why you do that Touka-chan?!" You exclaimed while jumping on one leg.

"I don't that human to flirt with me!" The navy explained "What choice do I have?! Being stuck with food or an idiot?!"

"WAIT WHICH ONE OF THOSE AM I?!"

Kaneki looked over at the two of you confused then slowly picked up.

Kaneki spoke up "Wait...you guys aren't really dating?"

Touka and you just looked at the half ghoul. Touka gave a glare to Kaneki whereas you just smiled like a goof, thinking that Kaneki is gullible enough to believe you.

"Yes/no" the both of you said.

"I don't know who to believe now..."

The cafe's bell rung the building indicating that there was a customer. At the door, it is revealed that there were two figures, two female brunettes, one taller than the other who seems to be cowering child. Touka instantly knew who they were. Ryouko, the mother ghoul of her child Hinami. The mother had a slender figure and brown eyes that matched her loosely tied hair. Her once pastel dress, was drenched in the rain along with her red scarf. Hinami, the short petite girl resembled her mother but with short hair that included a black headband, decorated with white clovers. Her white coat,black sweater and orange scarf was completely drenched. So was her blue skirt, yellow leggings and boots. Touka ordered you and Kaneki to get towels to dry the two ghouls. The two of you quickly got a few towels and gave them to the navy haired girl. The two female ghouls later made their way to the rooms behind the cafe. Yoshimura then called you an Kaneki to the kitchen to teach the two of you another skill to use in the outside world. You two are shown many assortments of sandwiches on the kitchen table(probably for the humans who eat at the cafe).