Chapter 7

From: Pete 💜🙈😉
I'm coming over soon.

To: Pete 💜🙈😉
Okay, baby.

I rest my head on my cushiony pillow and sigh heavily. I'm glad I chose to stay home because I am so much more sore than I was yesterday. I clench my eyes tightly and bite my lip as I readjust my body. My back is still giving me the most discomfort, but I'm sure I'll be okay tomorrow.

I hear the door quietly squeak, announcing somebody's entrance; most likely Pete. I cough loudly as if to say I am in my room, so that he doesn't have to do extra walking. The stairs creak with each step he takes, making me a little more anxious about his arrival. Will he think that I look disgusting and leave me?

He silently opens the door and peers into the room, not hesitating to lock eye contact with me. In his hand is a single red rose, which he awkwardly holds in his masculine grip. I smile widely and pat the side of my bed. He smiles crookedly before making his way into my room.

"I hope you like this," he says quietly as he sets the rose on my nightstand.

"I love roses," I say quietly.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," I lie.

"Do you need anything?"

"Could you put a CD in? I have been isolated in silence all day."

"Of course." Pete walks to my large shelf of CDs and scans through them. When he settles on one, he noiselessly pulls it from surrounding CDs and cautiously opens the plastic casing. He presses the eject button on my CD player and removes the Metallica CD that resided in there. He feeds the CD to the CD player and presses play. He makes it loud enough that the room isn't silent, but quiet enough that we will be able to hear each other. He picked my favorite blink-182 album, Enema Of The State.

"Could you also lie with me?" I say in a small voice.

"Okay," he says.

He lifts the covers and cautiously pulls me to his chest. I painfully turn around and curl into him. Pete softly runs his fingers through my hair and hums to me. I wonder how many times he's heard Dumpweed before this. Probably a lot since he is great friends with Travis Barker.

I slowly sit up and tell him to as well. I grope his cheek before placing a quick kiss on his lips. He smiles deeply in response before pressing his soft lips against mine. His scratchy beard tickles my chin, resulting in me holding back giggles. Unlike other kisses, he bites my lip gently, causing me to open my mouth a little. He places his tongue in my mouth, and starts a battle with my own tongue. They dance with each other in unison before he dominantly takes control. He takes the opportunity to explore each part of my mouth. My fingers make their way into Pete's hair, giving a light tug to his brunette hair. He moans softly and smiles.

He momentarily pulls away before breathily saying, "I like when you pull my hair."

"I know," I breathe out.

"Get a room, you two!" the familiar voice of Brendon Urie echoes throughout my room. Pete and I push each other away and advert our attention towards Brendon. My cheeks flush immediately, causing Brendon to fall on the floor laughing.

"Be glad it was just me that came over, guys!" he wipes a tear away.

"Brendon! You could've texted me!" I whine.

"I wanted to surprise you, but I think I'm the one who was surprised!"

"You can't tell anyone," Pete says with a panicked tone.