1.

I slipped through my bedroom window effortlessly. I'd decided to make my presence in the institute almost not existent over the last few weeks. Though sometimes it was nice to come back to my own bed, my own life, even if only for a few hours.

My room looked virtually untouched since the last time i'd been here, but i knew someone else had been here. I assumed it had been Isabelle, she'd probably still convinced herself she'd come in one morning and i'd be here.

I slipped my boots over before laying down on the bed. I knew running from my problems was wrong but stubbornness was basically came with the shadowhunter blood. I let myself drift off for a few moments. I'd arrived at sunset so that i could get a few hours off sleep and sneak away before it rose again.

It felt like my eyes had closed for only a moment but when i opened them again the moon had already risen to centre of the sky. The clock on my bedside told me it was midnight.

Deciding i was well rested enough i slide out of the bed. I went across to the closet to pick out a new pair of shoes. I always liked to leave a sign that'd i'd been here behind just in case izzy did in fact check my room. Then i once again slide out the window leaving all the comfort behind for the empty lonely New York streets.

▹▹▹

The streets were bustling with early morning traffic. People flowed around me hurrying along to work not bothering to take in the world around them. I wandered around aimlessly most of the time. It wasn't till now that i truly realised how much of my life was spent in between the institute walls. How little of a life i had away from it. There was only so much hunting i could possibly do, it seemed when i truly wanted the Downworld to go wild it let me down. I really needed to make new friends.

Somehow it my daze i ended up in a part of the city i remembered all to well. Sure enough in the distance i could see the disgusting sight of hotel Dumort.

"You always seem to show up where you not wanted." A familiar voice mocked from behind me.

"Raphael," I remarked turning to face him. "Always a pleasure."

He stood at the edge of the shadow created by a building's long sweeping awning. His eyes sparked daring me to take a step closer.

"Unfortunately," He said baring his teeth at me. "I can't say the same."

"Are you guys still upset about that little misunderstanding." I laughed airily flipping a lose section of hair over my shoulder. "You immortals take grudges to a whole new level."

He gave me a toothy grin. "You are something aren't you."

"I'd say so," I replied.

He threw his head back in a deep throaty laugh. "The arrogance of mortals never fails to amuse me,"

"Glad to be of service," I remarked. "But i really must be going. Wrong turn and all."

"You sure?" He asked. "Stay awhile, we can have a little fun. Finished where we left off."

"Sounds like fun," I said taking a daring step closer standing on the edge of the sunlight's reach. "It really does. It's nothing personal hot stuff, but i don't think your friends like me very much." I winked gesturing to the figures gathering in the shadows behind him. "Maybe next time"